• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Ranger radio

OK- Fair enough. CB type accepted- So use a board that is accepted. AM/SSB, PA, 6 digit freq readout and ch display, variable power out, NB/ANL, instant SWR, mic on front, vol/squelch, mic/rf gain, clarifier, TB switch with access in rear of radio to adjust volume via small pot. 3 way aux switch for tone or dim (pick one) , Back lit face similar to Uniden 78... Layout similar to TR-696FD1 to keep price reasonable. $199.00

Last edited:
wow , that sounds very nice LOX :) . ill add how about doing at the factory some of the mods to improve ears . schotty diodes , better noise rejection , stuff similar to what ham rigs have ? maybe something to make them less succeptable to noise from the autos power system , if anything . basically stuff that would actually have a positive effect on the tx and rx of the radios and is easily herd to be superior in a A/B comparison

Thanks Booty. I don't think I am asking too much. Heck, it can be done. I agree about higher quality components inside. There is a fine line regarding price/quality/features. As said earlier- "cutesy" stuff is not needed.

ALSO- As an PAID option- a switching power supply that bolts to the radio by swapping out the bottom cover. Viola! Instant base station. (y)

Shioda I know they need to make these type radios to keep making money cause that is what most of the so called truck drivers want now days. All I would like to see is a radio like the uniden grant xl with maybe a few little bells and whistles like the light up knobs from the uniden I don't care for echo this or anything like that just good tx and rx thats all nothing fancy

Thanks. I just forwarded your comments to Mr. Peng's personal email.
Thanks Shioda. I must say that we as Cbers are accustomed to status quo. With that said- thinking outside of the box doesn't happen often. So if a change does occur, why not make it a useful tool for the masses? I was not trying to be rude or overly critical of new releases. My apologies if it seemed as such.

All the Best
LOX

Must agree with Ron. The platform is there. Lets just tweak it. Go for an advanced RX and TX. Make it visible in any condition. Back lighting is useful to tired eyes while driving at night. Large S-meter is nice, too. Lets back away from the blue. SSB is a must in order to cover a more diversified consumer base. We are not all truckers.

Introduce a radio that is epic, but affordable. It can be done.

"Lets back away from the blue."

you dont like blue ??? its so soothing and easy on the eyes , its not like folks install them and have them so bright you cant hardly look at the radio . LOL

2mozias.jpg

"Lets back away from the blue."

you dont like blue ??? its so soothing and easy on the eyes , its not like folks install them and have them so bright you cant hardly look at the radio . LOL

2mozias.jpg

I know its near xmas and you've got a Santa signature Booty,but is it really necessary to have the rig done up like a christmas tree as well,only thing missing is tinsel and a huge f@cking fairy sat on it.

Thats hideous.

Thanks. I just forwarded your comments to Mr. Peng's personal email.

Why not forward some of my comments,he might just end up the ultimate power in the cb galaxy if he learns from them.

Or is asking for stable oscillators,speech processing,accurate frequency counters,good build quality and no more crap mosfets or sh!te gimmicks a step too far from reality?

you really want to get the basics right before you mask it under a pile of useless bullshit gimmicks.

Should just email a link to this thread to whom it may concern (or better yet to all the better quality radio makers ) ....chances are slim they would really listen though...after all they have think tanks that know more than us radio folks that use their products will ever know

will admit...there are some really good ideas here....the add on power supply would be really nice to have

Shioda,

Since you have a line on these radios from Ranger, how about getting one or two into the hands of some of the forum members here for a real evaluation & write up on this site? That could go a long way toward both providing publicity for the rig, as well as providing an open forum for feedback that Ranger can use. If you want an example of how that can work, just take a look at the Yaesu VX-8 threads.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.