• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW Wouxun KG-UVD1P w/ 6 Meters

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
NEW Wouxun KG-UVD1P w/ 6 Meters

MTC just got 50 in tonight!
You will have to google the radio for specs but, I think im going to purchase one. There around $150ish (y)

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

They even sell models with 70MHz in the UK and other countries in Europe that have the 4 meter band. Kent Britian (WA5VJB) told about his he picked up while in the UK in the summer? or spring? issue of CQ-VHF.

Don't know why the chinese companies use the same model name for radios with different bands. Have to read the fine print to make sure you get the right one.

They even sell models with 70MHz in the UK and other countries in Europe that have the 4 meter band. Kent Britian (WA5VJB) told about his he picked up while in the UK in the summer? or spring? issue of CQ-VHF.

Don't know why the chinese companies use the same model name for radios with different bands. Have to read the fine print to make sure you get the right one.

OK on the link I posted they make it seem like u buy that model and u can choose which band you want via radio menu ? That would be awesome !

★☆ Sent from Xoom☆★

Very simply, call or email the 'Main Trading Company' and ask about the Wouxun radios. There is a special with one of them which has 6 meter coverage. Richard (the owner) will tell you anything about the radio that he can. He's honest, won't try to fool you.
- 'Doc

Very simply, call or email the 'Main Trading Company' and ask about the Wouxun radios. There is a special with one of them which has 6 meter coverage. Richard (the owner) will tell you anything about the radio that he can. He's honest, won't try to fool you.
- 'Doc

I'm a previous buyer on eBay from MTC Richard is a very very honest person. (y)

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

m42duster inquired:
"What's the deal? Do they make it with 6 meters or not?"

Yes they do.

My response to Vanilla Sky regarding "can you choose which band you want via radio menu?" The answer to that is no. Those different frequency ranges are what are available to distributers. There are VHF/UHF models, hamband only, or full business band, also 2m/220 and now 2m/50mhz and 2/70mhz for the European market. So if you have a KG-UVD1P that is 136-174 and some UHF range, you won't also be able to program in 6 meters in. But you can buy one that has it. Confusing to me when they use the same model number but contain different bands.
I see Main Trading Company sells the KG-UVD1P in 3 different models.
136-174MHz / 420-470MHz
136-174MHz / 216-280MHz
or
136-174MHz / 50-54MHz
Just have to make sure you add the one you want to the cart and not just click on any KG-UVD1P.
Other venders may sell other frequency ranges handheld with that same model number, often with a different range for uhf such as 406-512 or similar.

6 meters was the place to be in the 70's and early 80's around here, for me at least. I can't even recall the last time I've heard a local on 6. I can never get anyone off 2 meters long enough other than to do a quick radio check, then they scamper back off to the repeater.

Anyways, hopefully more frugal HAMS will buy this and dabble in 6 meters some.

6 meters was the place to be in the 70's and early 80's around here, for me at least. I can't even recall the last time I've heard a local on 6. I can never get anyone off 2 meters long enough other than to do a quick radio check, then they scamper back off to the repeater.

Anyways, hopefully more frugal HAMS will buy this and dabble in 6 meters some.

Can't get locals to do the 6 metre Thang either...stubborn ppl:thumbdown:

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

I want to know if it can be opened up even more to cover regular VHF low freqs. I would love for a radio that can cover bot VHF high and low. I dont really think it would be to much of a stretch to get it to transmit down into the 40s as we use alot of freqs in the 40 mhz range around here and with how much i like my other Wouxun, if they made one that can do that, i would buy 2 of them in a heartbeat.

To clarify, i know that that is out of the amateur range, it would be for public safety/business freqs.

I want to know if it can be opened up even more to cover regular VHF low freqs. I would love for a radio that can cover bot VHF high and low. I dont really think it would be to much of a stretch to get it to transmit down into the 40s as we use alot of freqs in the 40 mhz range around here and with how much i like my other Wouxun, if they made one that can do that, i would buy 2 of them in a heartbeat.

To clarify, i know that that is out of the amateur range, it would be for public safety/business freqs.

Why not just buy the appropriate radio for the bands intended to transmit on rather than spend money on chinese junk to modify?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.