• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW Wouxun KG-UVD1P w/ 6 Meters

What's your source for this claim?

My source? Lets see local sheriff's office, CHP, medics, local fd for the most part use astro sabers some are using mtx models (p25). Im not saying it's a bad radio there just not reliable source for communication tools for public service ie police,FD,EMTs etc.... I know I can't com pair apples to oranges.

If I had $10k to spend I'd have a convertacom and two apx7000s at least I'd feel safe knowing my radio was checked thoroughly (y)
To each his own.

Last edited:
Again, Chinese radios are cheaper.

Public safety workers that buy and use these type of radios are doing it because they are affordable. Departments don't always buy a radio for each member. If your a peon and want your own radio, then you must buy your own. My department frowned on our employees buying HAM rigs and modifying them, but we didn't push the issue. Of course, some members bought "real" radios also. We didn't like that either, but turned a blind eye as well.

All of our trucks have 2 official radios. When exiting the vehicle while on a run or errands, both radios had to be taken with you. Personal HT's are used for comms coming to and from work or responding to an "all call" while off duty. I imagine most departments have similar usage. I was also on the local volunteer department and modified HT's are widely used. Most local VFF departments cannot afford 20-30 handhelds. If the Chinese radio craps out, run to the truck and finish your transmission on the official radio.

Our motto was: Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.

Last edited:
If you had actually read my post, you would see that i mentioned wanting a DUAL BAND RADIO that could cover BOTH BANDS. This would elimanate the need for carrying 2 radios. Currently Motorola and all of the other big brands dont offer that, and this may have the possibility to.

*EDIT* That was to the guy who was saying to buy a proper radio instead of "Chinese Junk"

If you had actually read my post, you would see that i mentioned wanting a DUAL BAND RADIO that could cover BOTH BANDS. This would elimanate the need for carrying 2 radios. Currently Motorola and all of the other big brands dont offer that, and this may have the possibility to.

*EDIT* That was to the guy who was saying to buy a proper radio instead of "Chinese Junk"

Apx7000 is dual band.

I did read your post. I doubt this radio would do what you want, that's why I mentioned off some models.(y) either way I made this thread and I am going to buy one of these rigs because its cheap.:beer:

Yea i know about the APX7000, but i have never actually seen one in person, and its pretty much a Fed-only radio, as not very many people can justify spending that kind of money one it. Also i could be wrong but i dont think that it will cover VHF low. Anyway, if you are planning on buying one, then why the hate and telling me to buy a proper radio? Anyway, if anyone comes up with an answer, then i and im sure many others would be interested.

He has a love hate relationship with chinese radios.

Actually, come to think of it, thats the way with pretty much anything chinese.
The tools from Harbor Frieght: Awesome, i can fill my toolbox for 50 bucks, then after 3 uses, half of them are broken, worn out, or not 100% functional.

The food, you love it when your eating it, then... i dont think that needs to be mentioned...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.