• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nic /918 Oklahoma/KG5FLM Contact made

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
Well it took us a little while but was finally able to to Hook-up with Nic/KG5FLM.
We started a little slow, band was not the best on 7.195, however as Sunset came my way Nic's signal was building. We finally signed when Nic went to supper he was in the 10-15 over 9 range.
Nothing from BUTTFUZZ who followed us to 40m...well next time compodre!
Great always to work Club Members and forum friends... :)
All the Best
Gary/ W9FNB

Last edited:
Reactions: 2RT307 and wavrider

And to think a year ago 918 just got into this. First came the dipole and optima mk3, then the Icom 7200 and a ticket. Good stuff man! This type of post is what will motivate some to get their ticket. It sure makes me want to go get mine as I've been hearing good qso's on both 20 and 40 meters on my A99 and dipole! I sit and just listen sometimes. Can't TX but I sure can listen well with my Icom 746. Like I said, it's posts like this one that make me want my ticket even more!! Thx for posting this BJ, might not seem like much, but it's nice to see members of the forum speaking to each other here then on the radio! I've exchanged many numbers and addy's and have 2nd and 3rd homes around the country now LOL! Like I said, Good Stuff! And to 918, glad to see you are enjoying yourself man!!! Told you this hobby was addicting. So when you gonna get another radio???:D;)

Good stuff. 40 is way too noisy right now but I think as we move into fall it will get better. I'd like to see us start a 40 meter WWDX net.

If you guys try this again post up and I'll fire up the rig to see if I can hear anyone.

Reactions: 2RT307
IF the darn thunderstorms EVER allow me to transmit again I will meet you on 40 meters also.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I hear that 110% there wavrider, been a mess the past week!! And we still got more coming I'm sure.

T-storms here too overnight and throughout the day today. I turned the radio on around 2300z last night and 20 meters was dead except for a few domestic QSO's. 40 was not much better.

I keep trying to get with member Heavy Metal and it's been rough as the weather at the time we can talk (5-7pm), has been bad here as well as around his area too. If he is anywhere near wavrider he knows the deal.

getting hit again tonight
every afternoon around 3:30 pm local the bottom falls out and sometimes does not stop until late in the night

Reactions: 222DBFL
It's that time of year!! Usually can set the watch! It's just been longer showers than usual. A lot of needed water around you and south. Sucks for radio time unless you don't mind getting your equipment possibly blown, but for me I am paranoid. I hear thunder and I'm unplugging my coax!!

Same here. I disconnect antennas at the remote antenna switch in the middle of the back yard. I think we're done with the t-storms until Sunday and my grass is turning green again :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.