• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nitro Nobs????

yes, there expensive and not really a good idea. dtb has has a few radios goes tits up (i think he said) afther the customers used them. i did 2 radios and epoxyed the boards and didnt have any problems. i dont think there worth the cost or hassel of installing. its over $50 and they dont look that good (imho).

they can be found here

Carl said:
yes, there expensive and not really a good idea. dtb has has a few radios goes tits up (i think he said) afther the customers used them. i did 2 radios and epoxyed the boards and didnt have any problems. i dont think there worth the cost or hassel of installing. its over $50 and they dont look that good (imho).

they can be found here

How do they kill the radios???

The tiny circuit boards on which the chip LED's are mounted are not insulated. There are bare contacts that can come into contact with the metal chassis of the radio, and in worst-case situations, this can cause dead shorts and burnt circuit traces on the radio's main board. There are measures that can be taken, such as the epoxy mentioned above, but for me, having seen what can happen with a poor install job (or even a very good install job), I'm just not willing to take the risk of installing them until they improve the construction of the knobs' circuit boards.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.