• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No common sense

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
I have to share this, I am amazed by people.....

A guy that I used to work for just bought a large parcel of property close to were I live, it is at the end of a road with a big turn around and then woods behind that.
He is planing to build some small cabins on the property in the future.
He asked if I would give him a hand on the property,
there is a creek on it and a old gold mine.
We spent Saturday posting no trespassing signs on the property and blocked the end of the road with pallets that have no trespassing signs until the contractor can get out and install some posts in concrete to chain off the access.
I was back on the property today and someone moved the pallets so they could drive back there.
I put the pallets back up, called the Sheriff to report the issue.
A deputy came out and we talked for about 30 min and he said that he would have the Department start doing patrols.
He left and I was sitting just up the road texting the owner and this Subaru drives up, lady gets out with two dogs, walks right past the pallets and all the no trespassing signs and heads out on the property.
I drive back down there, stopped her and asked what she is doing.

" oh I am going to take my dogs for a walk"

Me
Did you not see the no trespassing signs?

" yes but I am just walking my dogs"

Me
The new owner of the property posted these to keep people out of here so you can not go out here any more.

" so what are you trying to say?"

Me
I am telling you that it is private property and you are trespassing and have to leave.

" so I can't walk my dogs here?"

Me
Yes it's private property.

" but I have been walking my dogs here for 6 years"

Me
The property sold and the new owner does not want anyone back here any more.

" so does that mean I can't ever walk my dogs here again?"

Me
Yes! And if we see you out here again the Sheriff will be called and you can be sited for trespassing.

" I don't understand, it's just a big open field why can't I walk my dogs here?"

Me
Because it is Private property.

" I don't think that is right, it's just a big field there is nothing out here"

At this point I was growing tired of this conversation and told her that if she did not leave I was going to call the Sheriff and have her sited because I had told her she was trespassing.

Her answer was
"Ok call them because I want to know why I can't walk my dogs out here any more.... "

I called.
She sat there at front of her car with the dogs......
20 min later same deputy shows up and spent another 20 min explaining to her the same thing I told her....
Finally he told her if you do not leave now we are going to arrest you and tow your car.....
What the hell ?
What do these people think when they see a No Trespassing Sign?

Ugh
Rant over

Jeff

A guy that I used to work for just bought a large parcel of property close to were I live, it is at the end of a road with a big turn around and then woods behind that.
We spent Saturday posting no trespassing signs on the property and blocked the end of the road with pallets that have no trespassing signs until the contractor can get out and install some posts in concrete to chain off the access.
I was back on the property today and someone moved the pallets so they could drive back there.
A deputy came out and we talked for about 30 min and he said that he would have the Department start doing patrols.
He left and I was sitting just up the road texting the owner and this Subaru drives up, lady gets out with two dogs, walks right past the pallets and all the no trespassing signs and heads out on the property.

Me

Me
The new owner of the property posted these to keep people out of here so you can not go out here any more.

Me
I am telling you that it is private property and you are trespassing and have to leave.

Me
No it's private property.

Me

Me
No! And if we see you out here again the Sheriff will be called and you can be sited for trespassing.

" I don't understand, it's just a big open field why can't I walk my dogs here?"

Me

At this point I was growing tired of this conversation and told her that if she did not leave I was going to call the Sheriff and have her sited because I had told her she was trespassing.

Her answer was
"Ok call them because I want to know why I can't walk my dogs out here any more.... "

I called.
20 min later same deputy shows up and spent another 20 min explaining to her the same thing I told her....
Finally he told her if you do not leave now we are going to arrest you and tow your car.....
What the hell ?

Ugh
Rant over

Jeff
Unfortunately the entitlement and lawlessness behavior keeps getting worse. It's everywhere
IMG_20240507_232328.gif

An only child, most likely. There's a body of civilizing behavior that goes with learning to cope with siblings. A family with less that two kids was rare in the 'burb where I grew up.

The brutal rise in the cost of childrearing over the last few generations has produced one or more generations of predominantly "only" children.

That's what I blame it on, the massive shrinkage in a wage earner's buying power since 1970.

Then again, maybe she was home schooled. Missed out on the socializing influence of being in a crowd every day.

If I paint a tire purple and put it on my property line here in MN, sadly, the law would take issue with it. Wait until the sheriffs start having the same things happen to their properties and you will see a sudden shift in how these problems are handled. I can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

Me

Me

Me

Me
No it's private property.

Me

Me
No! And if we see you out here again the Sheriff will be called and you can be sited for trespassing.

Me

Her answer was

I called.
What the hell ?

Ugh
Rant over

Jeff
People today are selfish and entitled, and no one wants to follow the rules anymore,or take responsibility for there actions,SMH...... sadly I'm not surprised by your Story!!!!!

An only child, most likely. There's a body of civilizing behavior that goes with learning to cope with siblings. A family with less that two kids was rare in the 'burb where I grew up.

The brutal rise in the cost of childrearing over the last few generations has produced one or more generations of predominantly "only" children.

That's what I blame it on, the massive shrinkage in a wage earner's buying power since 1970.

Then again, maybe she was home schooled. Missed out on the socializing influence of being in a crowd every day.

I take exception to that assertion. I am an only child and I grew up showing respect to others. I also matured rather quickly as both my parents worked and we lived just outside of town. I learned to do things for myself rather early. Any lack of social skills I may have are limited to simply being the shy type and find it hard to open up to strangers.I am the type that stops at a red light in the middle of nowhere at 3"15 am even when you can see nothing coming. I do it because it is the right thing to do. I'm far from perfect mind you but I am also far from being what is referred to as "entitled".

This behavior has been considered 'normal' for at least one generation. But it's getting pretty bad lately, ever since it's NOW considered 'normal behavior'. Sad.

On a personal level; The "exodus effect" from blue areas to Florida is clogging our roads and causing a huge local boom in housing construction. You could say, it's getting out-of-hand. My home value on 'Zillow" has doubled over the past two years.

I walk my dog in the hood often, but her favorite stops are rapidly being cleared and developed. I used to be the only house in a two bock radius --- There are more homes than vacant lots now!

Normally, we do get a yearly influx of vacationers (nicknamed "snowbirds" by the locals). The local economy is CENTERED upon this seasonal migration, and relies heavily on catering to these snowbirds every winter. Much of that work force "hibernates" during the Summer. Over the last 4 years, the snowbirds come down for the Winter, but never leave.
It's a double-edged sword.

I retired from the maintenance field and worked around that personality type many times and it can be very frustrating being polite to them when they don't have a firm grasp on living in society. That's why I keep to myself a lot because they can't handle what they really need to hear. I have a young neighbor lad who thinks he should be able to walk his dog on his neighbors property and his parents aren't much better because they didn't teach him anything. It's hard being raised up a fighting man and keeping your mouth shut,but I always remember the old saying, If you don't have anything good to say Don't say anything at all. I think he is getting the Drift but the people in this little town are mostly rude and insulting. What a way to make Friends. LOL !

It is hard to be polite to some people these days. I'm one to tend to be triggered buy tone of voice. Sometimes when one of these entitled types tone of voice strikes me the wrong way I have to pause for a second or two before I reply back to them, because if I repeat what's running through my head at that very second, I know it's gonna go down hill real quick.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.