• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

noise toys in 2950

2at124

Apr 23, 2005
Cape May NJ
i wanna installe 4 noise toys in my 2950dx could i disable the dimmer function and let the display on the brightest setting and use the dimmer button to switch to the different noise toys ??? i read something about this being done on the internet but cant remeber were ??

If you do install them I hope it is the old Orange display 2950 and not the new surface mount DX. Things are very tiny on the DX board.

I have a suggestion,,,,why not use the 'SWR' button,,,it useless anyway..
I have used that button when peep's want a talkback that turns on and off,,,,and yes its much less troublesom on the older generation radio's,,,although if ya have the proper equipment,it's not that tuff on the newer DX style board...

just my observation....

Cheer's

rfpowerman 8)

I've done the mod you speak of with the dimmer switch. It basically just switches a series of discrete transistors on and off in succession. However, in the new DX versions, thats not advisable to attempt. I'd recommend you have a box built for the toys, and connect it to your mic socket. You CAN install the toys in the radio, but it needs to be done carefully, and they can't just float around in there. They need to be tied down.

rci 2950dx

yes i would like it done internally in the radio but i do have the new 2950dx (green display) . i only reason i would like it done in the radiois have limited space . or could you leave installit in the radio like i was wondering but leave the dimmer workin so you could tell what noise toy was being used.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.