• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not sure whats wrong

fatdude1

Aug 13, 2006
Michigan
www.freeqwarez.com
ok here what im dealing with ive tryed wilson mag mounts from the 1000 to the 5000 i cant get them to tune in no matter what i do. So i went another route made me a mount put it up and made sure all the grounds are good even did body grounds. The antenna is a wilson 2000 with a ten on shaft tuned in very well. Now onto the prob im getting a bad squeal when transmitting doesnt matter what type of mic i use.From stock to a noise cancleing or power mic on the noise cancleing mic and the power mic im getting rf burns on my hands from the metal grills. both mic are astatic one is a 636 SE and a d104 min/man 1. The radio power is run stright to the battery. the coax is belden rg8x @18feet.here are some pic's of the mount not done yet still testing
1002al1.jpg
[/URL]
i
1003ca0.jpg
[/URL]

The radio is Clear Channel AR3300 100watt

whats going on here im not sure need some help with this guys

I have tryed grounding the case of the radio and no go
Ive tested and retested all the grounds all the grounds have soldered ends.Ive tested the shield at the pl259 radio end to the seat bolt and it shows thats it is grounded and tested the center connection as well it shows open no short. I the only thing that come's to mind is the coax does not have enough shielding

Ive had this radio for almost 20years and have never had a porb with it its been used as a base and mobile. And yes the amc is intact

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.