• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Octane Fuel Question??

It's the next day and I have slept since then. You ever think one thing and say another?

Advance, not Retard.

I need a higher octane coffee.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I drink Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from Zabar's of New York and sometimes the Kenya AA

I drink Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from Zabar's of New York and sometimes the Kenya AA

I only drink coffee that is freshly ground, and only certain brands. But I think you just out coffee snobbed me there.

Jest an ol-Redneck coffee drinker here........Folgers Classic Roast brewed so strong, most people won't drink it.

As my uncle always said, "coffee ain't done till you can float a horseshoe in it."

I only drink coffee that is freshly ground, and only certain brands. But I think you just out coffee snobbed me there.

Your'e not the first to label me a coffee snob and certainly not the last but you can order these delicious coffees whole bean also and you get a full 1lb. for your money and not the 10 to 12 oz's for the same measure.

Zabar's fully expoits the plight of the chimpanzee population in this region but does practice fair trade with the local growers on the other hand Green Mountain Coffee of Colorado sucks up to the monkey lovers of the world by smooshing the local growers with visions of grandeur and to add to that they glom onto Goodall's heritage.

I say fuck them monkey lovers and all hail the coffee lover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FCfdIyD5hqI

I'll have to try that Mack.

Without googling here, let me guess Green Mountain Coffee is based in Boulder or Fort Collins, and is staffed by Subaru driving employees, with Prius driving management, and big Mercedes driving upper management.

As my uncle always said, "coffee ain't done till you can float a horseshoe in it."

Your Uncle is very wise man. (y)

If you can't set your cup in front of the pot and watch the coffee crawl from the pot to the cup it is not real coffee. :laugh:

its true the usa octane rating is derived differently to ours, usa gas is higher than the numbers would have you believe when compared to european petrol,

higher octane fuel allows/needs more ignition advance to cause peak cylinder pressure to occure at the optimum crank angle for best power/torque,
low octane gas bangs high otane gas boooooms

high octane fuel allows higher static compression ratio or higher dymnamic compression ratio or higher boost pressure with less retard before preignition sets in,

if you don't optimise your ignition timing for the higher octane fuel you can lose power compared to lower octane fuel with optimised timing.
conversely running low octane in a high compression/high boost engine without retarding the ignition timing can destroy the engine:eek:

Jest an ol-Redneck coffee drinker here........Folgers Classic Roast brewed so strong, most people won't drink it.

Same here. 7 table spoons for a three cup brew ah its like oil for your taste buds.

So, what I had learned from this thread is the higher the octane the more power but it will only produce stronger power if vehicle is equipped with timing sensor and or pcm modification ?

Last edited:
I'll have to try that Mack.

Without googling here, let me guess Green Mountain Coffee is based in Boulder or Fort Collins, and is staffed by Subaru driving employees, with Prius driving management, and big Mercedes driving upper management.

I thought they were but it appears they're in Vermont.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.