• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

old ground plane?

akzo1990

Apr 4, 2005
Arkansas
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what brand of antenna this is. Notice the configuration of the static hat at the top. It is a little different shape than most that I have seen. Maybe this will give some clue to the manufactuer.
This is the link to the pictures and the antenna is listed as "old antenna".

photos.yahoo.com/akzo90

Thanks,
ED

I think someone in the area that I live has one of these-- its an old 5/8 wave -- I don't recognise the capacitance hat though-- I'll ask when the guy comes on the radio-- there are a few different 5/8 wave ground plane antennas still kickin around in the area-- maybey you will get lucky and one of these guys has the same one-- I know I've seen the diamond capacitance hat and the "X" but there is a couple of guys I can still ask

I'm not sure about the capacitance hat but it looks like an old HyGain super penetrator construction wise
Everything but the cap hat says super penetrator to me-- most of these antennas i've seen are old and have the hat missing, bent, replaced etc etc so I've never seen what a cap hat would look like brand new on one of these

I have to agree with freecell.It does indeed look a lot like the half wave antenna that Radio Shack sold many years ago including the cap hat.If I remember correctly the radials are not a quarter wave long but are actually closer to 1/8 wave long at about 4 feet.

I looked at the owner’s manual on CB Tricks and everything looks to be the same except for the diamond shaped static hat at the top. I’ve seen another antenna just like it here in town and I’m going to stop and ask what brand it is. The person I got mine from could not remember who made it.

Thanks,
ED

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.