• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Online Amateur Testing?

Brett Dean

May 28, 2015
Ok, so I've been studying for my amateur license, and my local clubs are months away from testing. So I came across (and i'm not one to endorse anything I'm not familiar with) hamradiolicenseexam dot com, has anyone used this, is it legit, can I actually take my test online?

That is not a site to take the exam. it is simply an online study site to learn what you need to pass a test. you still need to take the exam from approved examiners in person.

Great way to study along with Gordo's book. Study for General if you're taking Tech. :) You will be glad you did, especially if you pass General!

73, and GREAT name btw,
Brett

I used hamtestonline and it's an excellent online study coarse. I studied for three weeks and passed with no problem. They do charge 24 bucks though for a two year subscription but that's no biggie compared to what you get out of it which includes a great deal of knowledge as well as your ham license once you pass your exam. If you pay the 24.00 for the technician coarse you'll have to pay again if you decide to study for the general or extra. But still it's a pretty good deal because you learn and have fun doing it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.