• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Opinions on THE best mobile radio for all arround use. PERIOD!

I talk both on ssb and am, so I am looking for the BEST of both worlds. Thanks for any help, and suggestions.Shawn
From what I am reading here, it appears that you feel your 2510 is NOT the best of both worlds and that's why you are looking for a different radio - is not correct?

But, for me, I would forget about getting another radio and concentrate on getting a better antenna - then I would have the best of both worlds - radio/antenna.....

Tough call, the best all mode all around radio for the money? RCI 2950 or Magnum S9.

The Galaxy 98 drifts like a sail boat, cost a fortune, and is a high powered radio so thats out. The 6900-150 radios have echo controls inside the radio and drift, thats out too. Plus neither of those radios will work with his amp.

If you talk alot of SSB I would keep what you have.

Well i have run two radio's mobile and i can't fault either and thats the Magnum S9 with a astatic road devil and a Lincoln chipswitch with a teardrop both are fab radio's for mobile use. I use a Ranger 2995dx for homebase with a astatic echomax 2000 and a intercepter 10K

This is a debate that will go on for as long as radios will be around....
personally for me I would say RCI 2950/70 radios

If not that I would be looking at a pure HF ham radio
Kenwood TS-50 ,Icom IC-706 ,Alinco DX-70

Texas Ranger TR696FD1 and a TNT350. Make sure to use a good antenna (ex: SkipShooter, Wilson 1000, etc.) and grounding. Simple, very effective setup that won't break your bank account. You will have a blast.

In the last 40 years I run, heard, and seen alot of radios. I've heard this is the best, that is the best. The 2510 you have is an excellent radio. Get a quality antenna/coax system. Get a good quality amp and you'd be set. I personally run a Ranger AR 3500 (100w) version from time to time. I also run a Mirage 88 that I like. I'm running a Nugatron Antenna, and a custom built 4 transter (matched 2879's) box. I drive it with a 2 (transter box when using the Mirage. Right now I'm playing with a Galaxy 73 I just took in trade. I've also ran and liked the 2950's as well. It's all up to personal preferance. Being a radio person, you'll never really be satisfied. Always looking for the perfect set up. ie: bigger radio, bigger amp, stronger antenna system. I like what you have and it does seem to work for you. 73's......(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.