• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ordered the Connex 4300HP-300 today

If you want to really make a smart choice in selecting a shop, then find out who handles warranty (or out-of-warranty) repairs for the various radio brands. Many of those places are not just repair shops for the brand they are affiliated with, but are also regular CB shops. A couple examples are Mountain View Electronics (Cobra warranty center), 8541 Electronics (Galaxy DX Radio out-of-warranty repair center), Circuit Master (Galaxy DX Radio out-of-warranty repair center), and my own business, DTB Radio (Galaxy DX Radio out-of-warranty repair center). There are others, of course, but those will give you an idea. If you want to research it your self, contact the various brands, such as Cobra and Galaxy, and ask them yourself.

I can personally agree with that statement to a degree , only because I have not done business with any of them that you have mentioned. I know of shops today that do all of the above but I also know that they will also do other things that may not warrant somebody else's approval because it wasn't done by the numbers according to somebody else , and IM not talking about a clipped limiters either. This is a God damned cut throat business . always has been and always will be ! Just the word BLACKLIST makes me cringe. Mans just got to keep that green machine running at any cost. The pat on the back ain't always what it seems to be.

well i say let the lad get his radio and go from there but if you have problems be prepaired for what happens next if you post it here because they have told you. I personally do all my own radios the way I like them no cutting or clipping limiters or anything I do from time to time have problems that take someone of more knowledge so DTB FRED and a few others would be my choice the feedback they get says it all when your a huge sales company thats nothing if a radio goes out shitty here and there they got all kinds of others to sell and contend to. You go with a reputable tech or shop as someone from this very forum a guy thats always here to help others and answer questions that my friend is service at its finest they are not gonna screw anyone not here this forum family is huge and you look at the feedback at what happens with any shady deal that persons pretty much done if its not corrected. You see what Im saying these techs do have alot to lose and most of all they care and you get the feedbacks straight frome all the horseys mouths. Your radio maybe fine who knows but you cant get bent out of shape when you ask the questions here or post it YOU WILL GET REPLYS rather you like or agree with them or not good luck to you and I hope al;l workss out for the best and you can enjoy your radio trouble free. Moral of the story is the old saying QUALITY OR QUANITY :?:

If you wanna be sure then once you get your radio open the top of the radio and look at the board. The limiter should be marked TR34 ( i think ) and will be small and black in color. With the front of the radio facing you then it will be located behind the channel dispaly on the lower right hand corner. If you see what looks like 3 very small holes or even 3 wires sticking up where the resistor should be then it has been removed.

These guys are not telling you about copper because they are trying to piss you off. In the 3 years that i have been around these forums i have seen pics and also heard stories of some really hacked radios that come from them. The techs they have working for them are a joke!

From a local Tech i was told that
CLAYS RADIO SHOP. DID AND !!!EXTREMELY!!! NICE JOB on my 2547. He said they didnt do much but added a capacitor somewher e which he didnt understand, but the radio does over modulate. But he said with a stock mic you wouldnt be able to tell it does it so well. And the people at clays were very nice. shipping was great. Clays is selling the 4300-300 for an extra 50 bucks compared to copper. and the 98vhp for the same price.

Im gonna buy me another one of those 2547 I wish Ide have never sold mine :( :roll: I have plenty radios but I kinda liked that 2547 I just didnt like how it sounded on Sideband but I could have straightened it out just had a offer I couldnt refuse.

Snake Eyes,
Please give us a full review when you get your radio.
I have heard good things abot them & look forward to hearing about yours.
These guys here on the forum really know their stuff & I have learned more here than any where else. There are NO CHEERLEADERS & PAID testimonies here . These guys shoot straight . Here you can give your opinion & NOT get booted off the forum. Freedom of speech. I hope it stays that way.
look forward to YOUR review.

Chainsawgang said:
...There are NO CHEERLEADERS & PAID testimonies here . These guys shoot straight . Here you can give your opinion & NOT get booted off the forum. Freedom of speech. I hope it stays that way.

Thats what I like about this forum, too. You can say what you want (within reason, of course) and you won't get booted. There will naturally be disagreements, but for the most part, the forum seems to be civil. Sure, there are times when I would LOVE to grab Switchkit through the screen and slap him, and his posts often make me imagine a 700-pound man trying to run, but I respect his right to express his opinion. As posts go, his are generally always polite and civil, even if reading them DOES make me feel like the squirrel in Ice Age

LMAO yes from what I see this is the best forum you can find on the net as far as posting whats on your mind about whatever or whoever it may be. :)

Hey Snake Eyes, I have bought radios, antennas, and other accessories from copper and never had any problems. They do not clip the limiter in the radios, at least the ones I purchased from them when they tune. One of the radios I purchased from them was a Magnum S9 almost three years ago. About a year After I bought it I took it to another shop to have a water gate (recorder) installed. The shop that installed the gate was surprised to see the limiter still intact. I told the "tech" good... leave it in there!!! He wanted to take it out :( . I recently purchased a Magnum 257. Copper was my first choice but they did not have them in stock So I purchased it from Sparkies CB shack. There price was actually better than Coppers. I get good reports. I don't know if they clipped it though. I forgot to ask,and too lazy to open it and look... also don't want to void my warranty... but the radio works great

Good luck.

Drifter said:
Hey Snake Eyes, I have bought radios, antennas, and other accessories from copper and never had any problems. They do not clip the limiter in the radios, at least the ones I purchased from them when they tune. One of the radios I purchased from them was a Magnum S9 almost three years ago. About a year After I bought it I took it to another shop to have a water gate (recorder) installed. The shop that installed the gate was surprised to see the limiter still intact. I told the "tech" good... leave it in there!!! He wanted to take it out :( . I recently purchased a Magnum 257. Copper was my first choice but they did not have them in stock So I purchased it from Sparkies CB shack. There price was actually better than Coppers. I get good reports. I don't know if they clipped it though. I forgot to ask,and too lazy to open it and look... also don't want to void my warranty... but the radio works great

<<< Howdy. I would venture to say that Spaky's does NOT clip the limiter. It's my understanding that they tune their radios with a scope and the whole 9 yards. I would venture to say that clipping the limiter, although I am not positive and will be corrected if wrong, that the tuning and proper scope reading would be off and not what they should be if it is clipped. Clipping and over modulating and distorting the audio output would show on a scope and I think Sparky's tunes them correctly, within the limits of the specific radio itself. But I'm no tech so what do I know? Fire away big guys. Being corrected is learning in my book.

Good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.