• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Original 1992 first run Dave Made M400 *pics*

pumphouse

Sep 2, 2005
The pics below show THE OLDEST, 1st run m400 Dave Made. Enjoy.

This is a original 1st run dave made. Got this from a break in 1992 paired up with a ac box.

Some clues to the first runs:

NO Dave Made name on the front of the box. Only M400 in big letters (front lower left corner)
Lettering for In and Out on the back of the box is bigger and different font vs todays current daves.
BRASS flathead screws around the entire case.
(4) flathead brass screws securing each of the the so-239's (nut and bolt)
Use of old skool brown carbon type resistors inside box. Note 10 ohm pill resistors.
Use of large green .01uf on the feedback resistor circuit and elsewhere
White open relay
DUAL stacked silver metal mica (SEMCO) off the relay
Combiners in and out different from todays daves
Fan cutout was a big circle without squares
Choke wraps on big transformer
solid copper piece to ground on the so-239's
Pill codes started with 1 or 2 (denoting 199(1) or 199(2). The below pictured box has pills inside from 1992.
blue chokes on small transformers

Whats not 1992 in this box:
The blue fireproof resistors on combiner (with red stripe)
The bigger power wire
One of the blue 10 ohm resistor.
There may be more i missed. Enjoy!

Heres some pics:
1front.jpg

2front.jpg

3back.jpg

4pillcode2l.jpg

5relayinside.jpg

6relayclose.jpg

7driversection.jpg

I got more pics but the above supplied should be enough to back my statements above.

Discuss

Correction:
The flathead screws around the case are steel and not brass. Some are brass color due to the oldness of the box. Think patina.

Get-otta-da-way or, you are gonna get run over by The Smithsonian Institute, that old guy on "Pawn Stars" or maybe even those nose-Pickers from the History Channel; 'shirley' there is gonna be a race to see which museum (Land Fill) this ends up in first.

Let my put that another way, "It doesn't take much to impress some people".

Get-otta-da-way or, you are gonna get run over by The Smithsonian Institute, that old guy on "Pawn Stars" or maybe even those nose-Pickers from the History Channel; 'shirley' there is gonna be a race to see which museum (Land Fill) this ends up in first.

Let my put that another way, "It doesn't take much to impress some people".

OOOOO I've been embrassed, btw your pole smoker is showing.

Hey Boo, would there be an adverse affect if one was to attach the output transformers directly to the power strip as opposed to connecting it with chokes?
5relayinside.jpg

¿<sarcasm>AWESOME</sarcasm>?

Just to keep things straight, this was not directed at my good friend Mack but, at the idea that an 18 y/o garage built CB amplifier is a thing of beauty

4pillcode2l.jpg

For the sake of discussion (not argument) what is it that we should we be so impressed by and "joyfull" about seeing in those pictures?

That's old. So it still works?

Exactly!

What makes "Tom's Made" garage amp any better than "Bill's Garage Made versus "Dick" or "Harry's-Garage Made" Solid State amp?

Just to keep things straight, this was not directed at my good friend Mack but, at the idea that an 18 y/o garage built CB amplifier is a thing of beauty

4pillcode2l.jpg

For the sake of discussion (not argument) what is it that we should we be so impressed by and "joyfull" about seeing in those pictures?

Exactly!

What makes "Tom's Made" garage amp any better than "Bill's Garage Made versus "Dick" or "Harry's-Garage Made" Solid State amp?

Loyalty

Paws seems really butt hurt maybe Dave sold a few amps to people paws was trying to sell to. I think the thread starters point was the amp was from a1992, if you look at all the copycats out there they basically all still look like this where are all the improvements these techs have made?
Paws where do you build your amps at? Basement? Bedroom or Garage

" Paws Basement Made amps" Got down?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.