• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Other Hobbies

"Picking" is one of my wife and I's newest hobbies. We will go around to estate sales and garage sales, even thrift stores, looking for good stuff that we can turn for a profit. You never know what you'll find at estate sales and garage sales. We haven't gone as far as the show, "American Pickers" going up to random people's yards asking to dig through their junk. Don't know if it'll go THAT far.

Picking, camping, going to the beach (san diego usually), playing with my 2 year old daughter as much as I can when I'm home from work, shooting (12ga and 9mm), hiking, audio gear (I can spend hours configuring and reconfiguring a home theater setup. adjust this, move that, re-wire this, etc...)

Deer hunting, walleye fishing, trap shooting. Years ago I even bowhunted deer, and the arrows I used had the same shaft as the arrow sat antenna. Got into putting out game cameras and got hooked on building them, buying control boards and dissassembling Sony digital cameras, soldering in some wires, hook it to the board. Got a picture from one of an owl flying at night, a couple coyote, turkeys, squirrel, and a lot of whitetail deer

Deer hunting, walleye fishing, trap shooting. Years ago I even bowhunted deer, and the arrows I used had the same shaft as the arrow sat antenna. Got into putting out game cameras and got hooked on building them, buying control boards and dissassembling Sony digital cameras, soldering in some wires, hook it to the board. Got a picture from one of an owl flying at night, a couple coyote, turkeys, squirrel, and a lot of whitetail deer

That game cameras thing sounds cool!

That game cameras thing sounds cool!

You can find info at Chasingame.com: Scouting Camera Reviews | Performance Reviews | Trail Camera Models compared | Sample Pictures and Movies and hagshouse.com

It actually had a lot to do with me finally getting a ham license. The one website had a post by a ham operator that had built and programmed his own control board and actually won a competition with it, he posted schematics, the program and a parts list, I might have to actually try to build one now, now that I know more about how to read those schematics.

On a side note, that hare scramble recipe sounded good.

Its actually similar to what I did many years ago on a dirt bike on the farm, up and down hills, through ditches and trees. My old riding buddy went regular Army and got on the wrestling team, he would have been in the Sydney Olympics if it wasn't for some very strange things happening

Firearm repairs, rifle glass bedding, mounting rifle scopes for customers etc. Also still doing Animal Damage Control for coyotes in the area.

I bike, play guitar, work on cars, surf the web, chase girls, farm, fish, hunt, fix everything for everyone, and fire fight all fun time consuming stuff

Well I was very heavy into the whole dirt bike/hare and hound stuff till I got into this damn radio stuff. Still have my 07WR290f parked on the side of the house. Was "thinking" about the new Husqvarna TE310. Seems sweet. With a sweet $8000 price!! Thats a AC set up there... :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.