• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

outdoor antenna E5/G5 Grundig

JW20VT

Jun 7, 2010
Hi all

Ill be quick , I have chatted with a couple people regarding this but wanted to see if anyone else with a E5/G5 or just have another idea to try .
I used a basic " T " wire antenna between 2 trees for along time and recently have lost one tree . It leaves one tree rather great in height and i'm not exactly sure what my best solution would be if I were to use the one tree. The great Loosecanon has helped me suggesting to try a broomstick and mentioned a loop , another has mentioned indoor loop also but Ive ALWAYS had bad experiences with internal antennas because of interference from my other hobbies :) ( Computers computers computers and tv ) plus the aluminum siding most likely isnt helping either . Over the weekend i tried a lot of different ideas ...all were just NOISE ...I tested the broomstick ive been making today and honestly it seems as loud and noisy as everything else ive tried already .
could I figure a way to just use a big length of wire up high into that one tree and figure a place to tap into it for a lead to radio ?

I'm aware of the overload issues with these types of radios but I NEVER had problems like this before with my old antenna . Its REALLLY killing my radio hobby , SWL was always a fallback after CB's and when i got bored with just UHF/VHF ..could hear hams across the pond and around the usa easy no problems , now all i hear is static and noise . I get better quieter pull with my whip ant.

Thanks again for all help and info any have given to me already .

Big thanks to Loosecanon for suggestions on broomstick and such , I wouldn't have attempted without at least a suggestion to try.

JW

Some facets of electronic gadgets just aren't compatible with others. If the noise is caused by something in your home, the only solution is to figure out exactly what it is that's interfering with the radio and turn it off, or take steps to mitigate the interfering signal. If it's coming from somewhere other than your home, you have to use your investigative and diplomatic skills to try to reduce the problem.

With more and more electronics cluttering up the spectrum every day, you seem to have a daunting task before you. Good luck.

You dont need anything fancy. Just solder an alligator clip to a long piece of wire,( any wire) clip it to your telescoping antenna and throw it over your roof or into a nearby tree. Instant receive. If it is noisy, throw it into a different tree.Or onto the neighbors roof. Or up the flagpole. or run it in the attic. Be creative. KISS!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.