• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Package deal: 40 channel mobile CB radio with amp, amp wiring harness, PA horn

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
I don't want to sell this set up but now that I am a ham, I've decided to offer this up for sale to help me buy my first radio.

I am selling the radio, amp and PA horn all together as a package deal.

Radio:

The radio is a Midland 77-155. Built in May of 1988. It is a 40 channel radio. It has the mic gain, instant channel 9, hi/low tone, PA function and it even has a distant/local switch; this really comes in handy when you don't care to hear everyone on skip and just want to hear the guy a few miles up the road.

Everything on this radio works. The case is scratched up and the face has a small crack in it but I fixed it by cementing the rear side of it back together. I currently have this radio turned down to a 2 watt dead key to run with he amp.

The radio also comes with a Diesel 360-B dynamic mic.

Amp:

The amp is a Maco Mite II. I do not know much about this amp other than I believe it's one of the better linear amps out there. On my meter with the Midland turned down to 2 watts on deadkey, I was getting a reading of 50 watts deadkey on the amp and over 200 watts PEP during modulation.

This amp will come with a home made wiring harness I made that is roughly 6 feet long, and consists of two 12 gauge power wires, one red and the other black. There is a relay inline with the hot (red) side as well as a typical 3 pin wiring harness for the CB. I currently have all of this in my S-10 truck. I have it set up so the 12 gauges wires hook directly to the battery, and when a switch 12 volt source activates the relay, it sends power to both the amp and the radio at the same time. This way the amp and radio are on together at all times and off together when you shut off the ignition.

PA speaker:

I am also throwing in a Diesel brand PA horn. The horn works good, the only problem i have found is there is a break in the wire right by the 1/8 pin, so sometimes you jiggle the wire and it will work, other times it doesn't However I will include two brand new 1/8 pin plugs to whoever buys this set up.

I am asking $125 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Attachments

• CB stuff 001.jpg
    CB stuff 001.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 6
  • CB stuff 002.jpg
    CB stuff 002.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 5
  • CB stuff 003.jpg
    CB stuff 003.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 4
  • CB stuff 005.jpg
    CB stuff 005.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CB stuff 006.jpg
    CB stuff 006.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 3

Also I forgot, whoever buys this set up, I have a 6 foot piece of RG8X coax in clear sheathing, with two soldered on PL259 Amphenols I will also include.

Here's pics of the mic and speaker...

Attachments

• CB stuff 007.jpg
    CB stuff 007.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CB stuff 004.jpg
    CB stuff 004.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 1
One other thing, the radio will not come with the mounting bracket pictured; that bracket goes to one of my other radios. I will supply the bolts used to mount the radio though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.