• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

painting an I max 2k

Make sure paint does not contain any metal particles!!!!
I also read some where do not use Black paint. Don't remember why tho. Try Google on that but I painted my Antron with white brush on paint. Didn't interfere with it at all.

I painted an old antron 99 sanded it a little first. The fiberglass was getting a little rough. Paint it red white and blue or do a stripe and twist like a barber shop pole. Black might absorbe to much heat. I used beige appliance paint.

If you just want to seal the splintering fiberglass that has had its gel coat striped off, consider using clear fiberglass resin. It makes them like new and is much more durable than the original coating. Most paint is no problem either. As mentioned stay away from anything with metal flakes. The reason some black paints can be problematic is because of a color pigment called carbon black that is conductive.

I painted my Imax 2000 semi gloss black and it still works good.

Only thing I read was not to paint it a metallic color.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.