• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

palomar 300a

RoadRunner

Sep 13, 2005
Ohio
i have a jb200 driving the low side of a palomar 300a on channel one i'm seeing 750 watts peak on a dosy meter and on channel fourty i'm seeing around 550 watts i was wondering while there is such a difference between the two channels

RoadRunner said:
i have a jb200 driving the low side of a palomar 300a on channel one i'm seeing 750 watts peak on a dosy meter and on channel fourty i'm seeing around 550 watts i was wondering while there is such a difference between the two channels

Tune the amp on channel 20 into a dummy load if you have one and then check to see if there is a huge difference in power output on Ch.1 and Ch. 40.

If SO then, your radio may be putting out more watts on channel 1 than on channel 40.

If NOT (and the output is pretty close to the same on 1 and 40) then, your antenna is cut / matched in such a way that it appears to show more watts the lower in frequency you go; check your match with the antenna inline.

There should be no wild swings in SWR values between 1 and 40, if so you have antenna problems.

Also, (just an after thought) check your driver by itself, maybe it's tuned for the lower part of the band.

thanks for the input i'll give it a try if i can find a dummy load been real busy this past week so i ain't had much time to check it out

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.