• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 450HD

Skyrider

Apr 9, 2010
Leon, GTO. Mexico
Hello all,

This is my first post in this forum athough ive been reading around. This forum has some really great information on it!

Recently a friend brought me his Palomar 450 HD 4 transistor amplifier to see if i could help him out with an over heating problem. The amplifier uses 4 x 1446 transistors and for some reason even if the amplifier is in the "OFF" position the transistors start to heat up. The heating starts with one transistor (middle left) then the others start to heat up as well. They get to the point were they are too hot to touch.

I checked for a stuck relay but that part is fine. Anyone any idea what the heck is wrong with this thing?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I don't know the problem, but I would probably look for a blob of solder that has caused a short on two traces.

I had a 6-pill at one point that had a trace shorted...it was running like it only had 5 pills.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.