• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Parts storage, organizers and bins..

Cable Guy

Void where prohibited
Dec 29, 2010
West Tennessee
Would you share your storage solutions for electronics components at or near your bench? I can't find a good storage bin option that fits discrete axial capacitors that isn't too small, requiring the bending of leads, possibly using multiple divisions for 1 value, or too big, wasting space.
I use the plastic hobby boxes and some metal hobby boxes with adjustable compartments. I really like the metal ones but I only have 5 and can't seem to find them for a good price.
IMG_20231216_140955717.jpg

IMG_20231216_141044486.jpg

Id like to find something stackable with slide out trays and many customizable compartments. Any suggestions?

I use the 60 drawer storage box from Ace Hardware. If I need a space larger than the standard I just pull the little plastic divider out of the middle. One drawer is good for about 45 to 50 small radial leaded caps with the divider in place, but it's really tight when all 50 are jammed in there. Don't have to deal with axial leaded caps much so I haven't really worried about those.

Reactions: Cable Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.