• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Peterson Electronics Skychief B-150_A

hilsat

Sep 17, 2022
Does anyone have any information on this amplifier? Picked it up today at a yard sale and google doesn't come up with anything. It is a tube amp and actually comes on and tubes light up but that is as far as I've went with it.

Attachments

• 1015221334acrop.jpg
    1015221334acrop.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 68

Does it have 2 6ju6 tubes in it?
I have never seen that one.
I did have a Skyhook amp that was also close to that one, but not much info on that one is to be found as well.

Compare to schematic below to what you have, it's the closest thing I have ever found to the Skyhook
I had.

Jeff
palomar_60_sch.gif

Its got 6JB6's in it. here is a pic of the internals. I know just enough about tube electronics to leave them to someone more qualified.
1015221420acrop.jpg
1015221420crop.jpg

I think I would ditch those electrolytics sooner rather than later-unless you are not adverse to loud bangs while operating your equipment.

Your picture of the internals is very common for 70's amplifiers. Could be translated to many schematics.

David

I think I would ditch those electrolytics sooner rather than later-unless you are not adverse to loud bangs while operating your equipment.

Your picture of the internals is very common for 70's amplifiers. Could be translated to many schematics.

David
I have ordered the capacitors to replace the electrolytics. Just wanted to make sure I could get it working before I spent the money. I am a novice with electronics and have been known to let the smoke out when "fixing" something.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Also, what should this amp put out? I get about 55-60 watts pep on a bird 43. Pushing it with a General Lee keying about 1.75 watts swinging 24 watts pep.

Martin

Last edited:
Sounds likes its ah hummin and a buzzin, good deal. At 1.75 in and 55 out thats right at 9 dB gain. Thats more than doubling your transmitted range. Consider your self a "Big Strapper"

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.