• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Phone mic conversion

Bones

Mar 29, 2011
IN.
Hey was wanting help to convert an old telephone handle in to a mic for my Cb
any help with this is appreciated just messing around so if it don't work there's always a trash can.

How old is it? Does it use a newer electret mike element or the old carbon mike element? The carbon element will need a voltage of between about 10 and 50 volts depending on the element applied to it as well as some way to isolate the voltage from the radio as well as matching impedance and levels to the radio. A typical carbon mike has quite a high level output. Sounds like a lot more work than it's worth really.

i would take apart an old hand mic (cobra etc) cut a hole in the telephone handset for the ptt switch (hotglue that in) drill a hole for the ext speaker wire from the radio and wire that up to the earpiece and fit the microphone element in from the cobra mic.

Yeah I was thinking on the line of taking an old hand mic apart and using the internal parts in the phone handle just have to get an old handle that's held
together with screws this setup would be alot easier than having to have extra power to do regular internal phone handle thanks :redface:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio