• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Photo of my quick 1/2 wave Silver Rod mobile static set up

RadioDaze2.0

Oct 31, 2015
Was not sure where to put this, just took a quick cell phone snap of my most simple set up when I have 2-3 hours maximum to do a little 11m DXing in the South of the UK. This was today's setup about 4 hours ago. (If I go out for a day I use IMAX2000 or GM) Just a end fed silver rod 1/2 wave with MJF 915 1:1 ferrite choke isolator on 12 feet of pole clamped to a fence post. I managed a few East Coast US stations, 3 Brazilian stations, 1 Germany and Trinidad....Alexander 158ET70 158 Echo Tango 70 (becoming a regular contact and such a nice guy to chat to !) Simple. lightweight and effective setup for moderate F2 layer skip conditions. I just sit in the car and feed my 10M RG-213 into the passenger window.

This takes me about 5 mins to get on air from park up.

SilverRodHalfwave_zps8jvymjd4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve_Buckeye

Here is my static mobile from last January. I have since changed out the painters pole to 2x5ft sections of top rail that go into a tripod, lag bolted to a heavy pallet that sits in the back of the truck. I can go as high as 20ft w/o the need for guys. The antenna is an A99. In the woods where there is very little man made noise it is as quiet as a peep.

Attachments

• Static_Mobile.jpg
    Static_Mobile.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Static_Mobile_2.jpg
    Static_Mobile_2.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: RadioDaze2.0
Here is my static mobile from last January. I have since changed out the painters pole to 2x5ft sections of top rail that go into a tripod, lag bolted to a heavy pallet that sits in the back of the truck. I can go as high as 20ft w/o the need for guys. The antenna is an A99. In the woods where there is very little man made noise it is as quiet as a peep.

You got to love a low background noise mobile static QTH with a full size antenna for radio. Top job.

Reactions: 222DBFL
How do you ground? I'm putting up A-99 in my ram 4x4. I'm planning on useing #40 pvc, 5ft. long ea. X 6. And will be tx from my hill up 6,000 ft. Rci 2970n4, ( maybe my 1kw. Bbi as well.) I plan on grounding with an 8 ft. Copper I'm going to hammer in.

Was not sure where to put this, just took a quick cell phone snap of my most simple set up when I have 2-3 hours maximum to do a little 11m DXing in the South of the UK. This was today's setup about 4 hours ago. (If I go out for a day I use IMAX2000 or GM) Just a end fed silver rod 1/2 wave with MJF 915 1:1 ferrite choke isolator on 12 feet of pole clamped to a fence post. I managed a few East Coast US stations, 3 Brazilian stations, 1 Germany and Trinidad....Alexander 158ET70 158 Echo Tango 70 (becoming a regular contact and such a nice guy to chat to !) Simple. lightweight and effective setup for moderate F2 layer skip conditions. I just sit in the car and feed my 10M RG-213 into the passenger window.

This takes me about 5 mins to get on air from park up.

SilverRodHalfwave_zps8jvymjd4.jpg
Hope to catch you on 38 LSB when the skip comes in!:sneaky:

Reactions: RadioDaze2.0

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.