• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pill factory

I have a bunch of matching lot 2879's I stocked up on from my mobile days years ago. What's the best way to sell these that would protect both myself and the buyer? Last I checked there are numerous china toshibas on ebay.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Easiest way would be to find an amplifier builder who won't treat you wrong.

Selling them two or four at a time, "retail" could, or probably would involve headaches from incompetent buyers. Folks who will blow them up and want their money back. A builder will know their value, and use that to boost the price of a box built with your transistors. And he'll probably buy all of them together.

Naturally, selling them as a batch probably won't get you quite as high a price as selling one or three pair at a time.

But selling them all to a competent buyer is less likely to get you headaches.

C-class as I see? Bummer.
Class C bipolar transistor amp is like having a 600HP V8 that only makes max power in reverse! LOL What a waste!

I apologize for being a bit bitter. The craftsmanship is top notch even if I hate this type of design and build. I should not have been a jerk about the build quality and attention to detail. Clearly that was wrong on my part! Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: Naysayer
You know shit is a$$ backwards when you purchase NOS amps from the late 1970's because the entire amp is cheaper than the purchase price of the transistors in said amp!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned