• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pitcairn Island DXpedition NOW

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
Pitcairn Island DXpedition talking on 28.505mHz and they are listening on 28.510mHz - running a 'split' frequency.
Nabbed them @ 5/9 just a few minutes ago.
A RARE contact; so listen for "VP6T" and point your beam appropriately.
DO IT NOW!

They will be out there until Feb 4th.

That's is all . . .

Last edited:

Did anyone happen to see the rigs these guys are running? NICE!

Oh, you must be referring to the Alpha 76A amp.
Very nice.

326446.jpg

Or...were you referring to the K3 Elecraft?
Hehe . . .

http://www.vp6t.org/equipment/

I have Pitcairn on 40 through 10M - all VR6TC. That's Tom Christian, a direct descendent of Fletcher Christian who led the Mutiny on the .... oh, what was the name of that ship.....? :headbang

Reactions: 1 person
I have Pitcairn on 40 through 10M - all VR6TC. That's Tom Christian, a direct descendent of Fletcher Christian who led the Mutiny on the .... oh, what was the name of that ship.....? :headbang

I'll bet the replies to that question will be bountiful.

Speaking of that, did you know that the ship made for MGM's 1962 movie about the mutiny was made here in Nova Scotia? Lunenburg in fact, and was hand crafted in the same fashion as wooden ships have been made for hundreds of years. When the ship sailed from Nova Scotia to Tahiti for the filming of the movie a couple crew members were from my home town.One returned a year or so later with a bride and new daughter Moorea who was named after one of The Society Islands near Tahiti where she was from.

Just another piece of useless trivia babble from someone who worked last night and has been awake since yesterday and and does not know how to stop babbling because his brain has gone to sleep before the rest of him has.

I heard the pileup on 17 meters the other day, had an old TEN TEC MNI on the bench with freq counter issues. Damn what a pileup.

I heard the massive pileup on 80m last night for them, but I never could actually hear them. It was a mess with stations all over a 10+khz spread calling.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.