• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Please help me decide which 4 element beam to get

The SE quad is a little heavier than the typical 4 element single polarity yagi beam by a few pounds. With your proposed setup on the roof with a tripod, weight and size should be the biggest consideration.

The single polarity yagi is not nearly as bulky to handle as the Quad either. IMO the SE Quad is a bit large in your case, but it is dural polarity and that can be a real plus if setup properly. The Cubex will take up just about the same space as a SE Quad with only single polarity, but it may be much better quality and easier to tune and setup. Check the deminsions for clearance in your case with a Quad beam also. They really get to looking big when assembled.

You know you will not be able to guy a quad like you can a horizontal yagi in your particular case. Putting a beam on a small 20' foot tower would be so much better for the life of the antenna and the house. There are problems being on the roof, and the tripods are known to be a weak point and they can add to those problems---being on the roof of your home.

The other words regarding the weather are also good to consider with any Quad.

i get the maco m104 or sirio4
if your worried about them holding id get a conventional 4 ele. jogunn.
however these will introduce new problems as i think even thier conventional
beams are slightly heavier than the maco/sirio series.another thing is i wouldnt
mount any antenna on the roof.much less a beam.imho

Reactions: 1 person
Hmm.. I would have to go with the Mosley. I have never been a big fan of Maco or Jogunn. Also, I would use a 4 element quad, versus a yagi (if you can find one). They use a wire shapped in a square, but have just a little bit more gain, and pick up less noise.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.