• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

POOR MANS SETUP

OMG, an extension ladder tower. Why didn't I think of that?

What you lack in $$$$ you made up for in ingenuity.

Nice. A local here talked with an extension ladder rigged up with a set of 3's at the top for like 20 years... he'd probably still be talking but he passed away..

There's a dude near me that used to have an Antron on top of two sections of tower that was attached to the boom of an old cable tool water well drilling truck. It's in front of his house now with an TV antenna on it. Looks absolutely hideous, not to mention unsafe.

I'd say the truck is early 60's, very delapidated.

My next project is going to put a TR-4 rotor on the pole, put a trust bearing at the top and put a metal dipole at the bottom of the 72 SP-500. Im hoping to lift it up to at least another 25 to 30 feet , from to the bottom feed point of the SP-500. Hopefully this holds together considering no guy wires, wind and weight factors.Thanks to all who is checking out my poor mans setup!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.