• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

portable RDF antenna

delta

Delta
Sep 9, 2009
London UK
RDF antenna loop. I made one of these back in the 80's the instructions was in a magazine called radio active, at least i think it was that mag. Anyway do any of you know how to put one together? The one i made was a loop of about 10" made from thin copper plumbers pipe of about 8mm with a variable capacitor, i put on a small wooden dowel handle. I can't remember anymore than that.

The ARRL Antenna book has plans for building what you're wanting. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll figure out a way to scan/transcribe it here.

The ARRL Antenna book has plans for building what you're wanting. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll figure out a way to scan/transcribe it here.

That would be just great, i can't find anything on building a rdf loop. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. Just a simple RDF loop would do just fine.

Delta.

At the last field day I attended, the guys were making rdf antennas from old steel measuring tapes. The antennas are virtually indestructable, and everyone I know has at least one broken measuring tape lying around.

PR

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.