• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator freedom dx

Mogo333

May 25, 2015
Anyone know anything about these I have a 10k and love it wondering if these are any good Was thinking of running this with my general lee and a Texas star dx500 in my pickup truck any thoughts? Thanks for your input

Last edited:

Kale doesn't make a "Freedom Antenna"...That was a special order item he built for a guy that go's by Bulldog in Maine a couple years ago, and was nothing more than just a 36" shaft, that you could stick a cut-down 102" whip in...It didn't have any coils, so when tuned it ended up about as tall as a 102" whip...maybe a little taller...Basically what it did was give you the full benefits of having a 102" whip, but one that wouldn't flex as much rolling down the highway since the lower section was a 36" piece of aluminum rod...

Bulldog IMO had them way over priced too...Think he was asking close to $100 for one, and you had to supply the whip!

Seems like Kale made about 10 of these for Bulldog, and I think Bulldog may have sold half of them...not sure if he still has any or not left, but for what it was, like I said before it's way over-priced...Your better off just sticking a 102" whip on your vehicle and calling it a day.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Kale doesn't make a "Freedom Antenna"...That was a special order item he built for a guy that go's by Bulldog in Maine a couple years ago, and was nothing more than just a 36" shaft, that you could stick a cut-down 102" whip in...It didn't have any coils, so when tuned it ended up about as tall as a 102" whip...maybe a little taller...Basically what it did was give you the full benefits of having a 102" whip, but one that wouldn't flex as much rolling down the highway since the lower section was a 36" piece of aluminum rod...

Bulldog IMO had them way over priced too...Think he was asking close to $100 for one, and you had to supply the whip!

Seems like Kale made about 10 of these for Bulldog, and I think Bulldog may have sold half of them...not sure if he still has any or not left, but for what it was, like I said before it's way over-priced...Your better off just sticking a 102" whip on your vehicle and calling it a day.[/QUOTE thanks for the reply I own a 10k predator already and use it on my galaxy47hp and couldn't be any happier it has the best ears and transmission I have found am thinking of buying the bad to the bone to use with the general lee and Texas star 500 dx thanks again for input

JJD seems to know about the predator antennas better than anyone I know. Or should I say he seems to have the largest knowledge base of what predator antennas there are! You still using that single coil MM JJD? Or did you switch back to the predator?? Just curious.

JJD seems to know about the predator antennas better than anyone I know. Or should I say he seems to have the largest knowledge base of what predator antennas there are! You still using that single coil MM JJD? Or did you switch back to the predator?? Just curious.
This one? Yep....Monkey Made "Big John"...heavy, but a good antenna.
ta1.jpg

Reactions: radioreddz
Yes they are. Same one I have from years ago! It tuned well and made me a lot of AM contacts back in the day!!

Only difference is the center Insulator. Mine is white. It's an old antenna. Bought it from Monkey Man himself in Holly Hill, FL, out of his storage unit. It weighs a lot, that was why the plate I had on it was so large. But like I said it was a great antenna and talk as well. Will handle some power too!!

I still say the Monkey Made Big John is the antenna 55 copied I have two of the Big Johns great antennas the plus with the Monkey Made is the coil welds real good mfg work
Could be they are similar. I also have 2 of 55's, and did have 2 of Fat Boy's R6's which are just like 55's (only buying from Fat Boy, they include the stingers, which 55 doesn't do)

IMO tho, the MM Big John tuned better, and is a better-built antenna (welding is much smother and a more polished/cleaner antenna)

Monkey Made "Big John" on the left, 55 on the right.
bigjohn.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.