• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pres Washington came in for repairs... all I can say is WOW!

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
Pres Washington came in for repairs... all I can say is WOW!

I could not get a voltage reading on the thing... so I assumed it was the regulator... replaced that with a 152... still nothing...

THEN I finally found a point to get a voltage reading... 13.9... ok no big deal...

wait what is this? tape on the light? I remove the tape... a resistor? but that is not an LED light... WTF?

I remove the resistor and recheck the voltage... nothing on the meter... I hook the light back up... HOLY CRAP IT IS BRIGHT!!!

I check the voltage on the 200 VOLT scale... WOW 21 VOLTS!!!

then I check the power supply... and notice that the voltage adjustment Pot is cranked all the way up...

turns out that the radio was 'peaked and tuned' by a local 'guru' and this is what he did...

the radio was 100% perfect as far as looks go... what a waste... what a waste...

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS CRAP???!!!

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS CRAP???!!!

Because they are self proclaimed radio techs that do not have a clue about what they are doing.....
They have test equipment that consists of a watt meter and several screwdrivers ( of the golden series ) and mentality that consists of
All Controls to the right.

Captain
"Ask the engineer if he can go to 110% on the reactor".
The Engineer says " 110% possible, but not advisable Sir"
"GO to 110% on the Reactor.........."

Jeff

the owner said it talked 'better than it ever talked' for a couple days... the guy he paid to do the work told him, 'TO BAD... it worked when I sent it to you... It worked great... you even said so on the air'

This is the same 'tech' that cut D81 on an RCI 2950 owned by another person I fix radios for.

I worked on a guy's 2980 which was continually blowing out the meter lamps and same problem, the power supply had been cranked up.

Same reason that similar people build "hot rod cobras", because you and they know way more than any radio manufacturer ever will.

Listen you need to stop harassing me... forum rules prohibit harassment of other forum members. Further more I have asked you to stop on more than one occasion. Please make sure that you do. You need to find something else to do with your free time. I am in no way interested in what you have to say. You are way off base and not helpful and any way.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.