• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President George FCC

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
Been testing for a couple of weeks to get a feel for the radio before I post a video.

Some notes so far.

- Power is about what you’d expect, no surprises. Same as other newer FCC radios doesn’t swing much from a low carrier.

- Modulation was set pretty tame out of the box. Can be adjusted by user via a hidden menu and much better after adjustment. Going to do some on-air comparisons to some other radios, McKinley to get a feel for it.

- RX is what you’d expect, no surprises

- NRC is nice, possibly better than on Aires II in function. More testing needed.

- no freq expansion. No hidden software backdoor or anything via the radio as far as I can tell although I did discover some other hidden test menus. Even though I knew it was futile I also tried every jumper combo possible on the pads but this is a 40 channel radio unless we can get programming software for the EU version loaded on it.

- Build quality is nice, more solid than 980 buttons or even Grant II if I remember correctly.

- No adjustments on the board, almost identical to the EU version minus a final in the back. Might be possible to add one and couple of other missing parts for more power.

It is a decent looking radio, but otherwise it is a total waste of money. As I said elsewhere, you can get a brand new 6666 for half the price and with all the channels and power you'll ever need in a mobile radio.
President definitely didn't hit it out of the ballpark with this radio; more like a foul ball I think.
The European version I think has potential but is still priced way to high.

Last edited:
Reactions: codeman
My biggest wish for this radio that wasn’t satisfied was ability to flip the large display to show freq. on my mckinley eu the freq display is tiny when freebanding or talking 10 meters. I’m also hoping there will be an underground software USB update that leaks from the Chinese factory that allows us to open up the radio for extra freq and span control.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Been testing for the last two weeks in the mobile. RX and NRC is really nice on the radio. TX Audio is very crisp and clear once adjusted and made a ton of DX contacts with everyone saying it sounds great on air.

Biggest complaint - volume level is not usable in the mobile until it's turned past 12 o'clock. I have the same problem with the McKinely radios in the mobile but since they are a front firing speaker it's not as bad. I have to turn this to about 1-2 o'clock when above 50 mph. So if you're planning to use mobile an external speaker might be a good idea or just know you'll have to run the volume pretty high especially with the NRC enabled. This has been a consistent complaint of mine on many of the newer president radios.

The NRC is pretty awesome though, I thinks it's the best I've heard on a cb/export yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.