• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant II frequency off on USB 10m

rickou812

Apr 9, 2014
N. Florida
My Grant II is about 300hz low on the 10 meter band.
In other words, if I am on 28.320, I am transmitting on 28.290.
The receive seemed to off the same amount. for example, if the other operator transmitting on 28.320, I would have to clarify up about 300.
Can this by easily adjusted for under the cover???

Thanks,
Rick

Couple of things:

. . . if I am on 28.320, I am transmitting on 28.290.The receive seemed to off the same amount. for example, if the other operator transmitting on 28.320, I would have to clarify up about 300.
That isn't 300hz; that would be 30khz. Keep in mind that 28.320 is actually 28.320ooo.
The other part is that your radio may well need to be aligned so that the freq display matches the freq you are actually on. Sounds like it needs to go into the shop for warranty repair work - IMO . . .
;)

Sounds like it needs to go into the shop for warranty repair work - IMO . . .
;)

Just how can you put in a warranty claim? As Rick hasn't said its off frequency on 11m then there's nothing wrong with it. It isn't sold as a 10m rig, it just happens to do 10m if you cut a wire and you get it with no guarantees on frequency accuracy.

Just a word on warranty with the grant 2. I had an issue with the on/off switch with mine. I e-mailed president electronics and ask if they would repair it even though I'm in the states. They told me to go ahead and ship it back that they would fix it but.... I took it to UPS and anyone want to guess what it cost to ship to France via UPS? You're better off ordering a new radio. luckily my on and off switch started working again right after I chose not to ship it off.
BTW if anyone guessed $175.00 to ship to France you're right. But with that said We know what the gamble is when we buy these things. All you can do is hope they hold up and never need repair work.
Just my two cents.

Reactions: n0zna
My Grant II is about 300hz low on the 10 meter band.
In other words, if I am on 28.320, I am transmitting on 28.290.
The receive seemed to off the same amount. for example, if the other operator transmitting on 28.320, I would have to clarify up about 300.
Can this by easily adjusted for under the cover???

Thanks,
Rick

Did Snake work on it? I saw a new Snake video where he worked on a Grant 2. Not sure if he ever did figure out what all the buttons were for.

I would guess you could get a tune and align at a good shop with someone who knows what they are doing. Are the shops in the states doing warrenty work?

I sent a Grant II back to France in the original box then a USPS Flat rate box cost was 61 dollars and they paid he way back to me so to get it fixed for 60 bucks sure beats getting another radio. Where did you come up with 175?? Overnight?? That's crazy and I did it so I know. Grant II reciept 1.jpg

Reactions: Mudfoot
I sent a Grant II back to France in the original box then a USPS Flat rate box cost was 61 dollars and they paid he way back to me so to get it fixed for 60 bucks sure beats getting another radio. Where did you come up with 175?? Overnight?? That's crazy and I did it so I know. View attachment 14129

I went to ups and that was their cost. They said the postal service would be cheaper. I wasn't gonna take the gamble on sending it back for more than 50 dollars dealing with customs issues and waiting time when I could just get a new one. $50 to ship that's ok price but more than 50 it's a waste of time and money for something that you don't know if you'll ever get it "right" or not. It's easier just to buy a new one.

Tom will buy your old one.
Tom will buy your old one.

The on/off switch went a little nutty for a couple of weeks. Got in the car one morning and the radio was all lit up. The switch would turn off and click but the lights would stay on. Was going to ship it back just didn't want to pay high
shipping so I didn't. Just wasn't worth it to me so I Got it back out and played around with it and the switch started working again. Glad I didn't send it back now. It'll probably do it again but for now it's working. If it does goes bad again I'll order another one and have it 4 days. I have sent things back for warranty repair before just to have it sent back still having issues. I weighed out the positive vs negative options of sending it back and it just wasn't worth the risk to me. But That is the price UPS quoted me to ship to France.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.