• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant no output on upper ssb?

kb6led

Apr 11, 2009
Looking for some advice on servicing a President Grant CB this is and older one probably around 1977. I have searched around on the net for documentation but the best I have come up with is a blurry schematic diagram, the problem is as follows.

No output power on Upper Side Band, but I can hear myself on another radio next to it.

All other modes and channels work normal, any direction would be appreciated

Did you attempt to align it yet? I mean; if all other modes have power output; then it stands to reason that the fault would be in the oscillator circuit. As a guess - anyway . . .

Will be watching this thread.

please correct me if I am wrong, In my mind its not an alignment issue for following reasons (1) everything works normal both TX/RX on all modes except no TX output on Uppers side band. (2) There is defiantly the smell of something that had got hot or burned in the radio but don’t see any visual signs.

My bad for not explaining as I should have - I guess...
What I meant to say is that IF you check out the oscillators; THEN you may find that the USB may not be getting proper readings. I'm not saying this is fool-proof; but it might be a place to start. This way you will know that you need to look into those circuits; or eliminate them as having the fault and looking elsewhere. Process of elimination. That's all .. .

EDIT: After re-reading your first post - I noticed that there was a radio close to the radio that did pick up the signal. I digress.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio