• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President HR 2510

VE3RCI

Nov 10, 2008
Good day all I as well seem to be having troubles with my 2510.
I have found that there is no Tx bars on the display but however the Tx indicator does light up while transmitting and also the audio is so low almost like as if the volume on the other radio is turned right down and thats on the stock microphone. This radio has the chipswitch done and all solder joints look nice and clean so I continued on and tesed IC312's voltage and the pin to the right of the center is at 5.67v and the one to the left of the center is 13.02v which from what I have read from Rodgerbird's reply to the other fella's post about his 2510 these voltages are about right. Now could it be possable that the IC's that are located on the back end of the radio might be toast?? But the thing is I can not see any trace that they have been burnt ;ie arcing from ic to the frame of the radio. Also in my journey in side the radio I noticed that VR111 is missing would anyone know why that would have been removed by chance?

Well thanks for the help in advance
Dan ve3rci

VR111 missing isn't good. Look here to see what it's for:

Uniden HR2510 Service Manual

Maybe someone broke it and took it out to replace it? At any rate, I'd say you're going to have to fix that before anything else is done.

yeah I was looking at that last night and checking all the voltages out with my multimeter and all seems to look good and I also managed to clean up the audio but have not been able to bring it up any unless I use a power mic. So I am wondering if I replace that missing VR111 and have the rig alighned maybe the radio may work properly again. But the only thing that I am still trying to figure out is why the bars on the meter don't light up and only the Tx indicator lights up while transmitting.Well thanks for the reply there Moleculo.

Dan ve3rci

oh ok. im sure you have checked,but, what is the meter button on.?? the rf position.?? sometimes ill forget and leave mine on say the swr meter position and its like,wt hell. just a idea.hope ya get it figured out. great little radios.

oh ok. im sure you have checked,but, what is the meter button on.?? the rf position.?? sometimes ill forget and leave mine on say the swr meter position and its like,wt hell. just a idea.hope ya get it figured out. great little radios.

yep I checked all the buttons to make sure they were all in the right possition there 190

How much power output do you measure? I'm guessing it's not much.

I am assuming you are talking about how much power I am seeing on a power meter? If so I really could not tell you because I do not own one at the present time.

Dan Ve3rci

I think it's cool that you have researched things as far as you did and have made a noble effort. Without some basic equipment though it will be tough to trouble shoot and repair yourself. Might be time to send it off to Doc or Rogerbird.

power

Does it transmit, can anyone hear you?

I have seen the meters go wacky, from loose board mounting screws, Start by making sure they are tight. All board screws. Main and CPU boards.

If it isnt xmitting it may be a couple of bad Capacitors.
I could direct you where to check, or even a few to replace.

Could also be what is ailing the audio, more bad caps.

you can email me: rogerbird1 @ aim . com (remove spaces)
Roger

Does it transmit, can anyone hear you?

I have seen the meters go wacky, from loose board mounting screws, Start by making sure they are tight. All board screws. Main and CPU boards.

If it isnt xmitting it may be a couple of bad Capacitors.
I could direct you where to check, or even a few to replace.

Could also be what is ailing the audio, more bad caps.

you can email me: rogerbird1 @ aim . com (remove spaces)
Roger

Ok I will check them monunting screws and I will shoot you an email some time this weekend and let you know if that fixed the problem

Thanks
Dan ve3rci

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.