• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President HR 2510s being sold on Ebay.

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
As of late i have noticed quite a few HR 2510s being sold on Ebay. But whats odd is they are being banned -AFTER- they have been sold!!!!!:confused::confused:

That is odd, put a couple on there in the past and they didn't last long
before they were booted off...I'm seeing the 2950 and 2970's lasting until
end of posting....if you go to eBay right now there is a 2970, showing the free band frequency (27.555) and 2970nN2 and another 2970...perhaps they have turned a blind eye (eBay) or nobody has complained to the eBay police...

Lincoln

I put one of those (Lincoln) on there about 2 years ago, lasted and hour before it got the boot, I listed it on
this forum (worldwide) sold it pretty quick...

Last edited:
I sold a amplifier on Ebay last week. The buyer paid ASAP. The next day Ebay said it was against the rules to list the item and deleted the item. The buyer freaked out and thought I was trying to rip them off. I hadn't shipped the item yet so I just refunded the buyers money.
Ebay is a joke IMO. The fees are through the roof, I just noticed they started taking a fee out of the shipping price you charge a buyer. I guess if you jack your shipping prices up then it doesn't matter so much to you. I always charge what the actual shipping price is. I end up losing money on the shipping, what a joke.
I will continue to buy items from Ebay, but will sell them elsewhere.

I sold a amplifier on Ebay last week. The buyer paid ASAP. The next day Ebay said it was against the rules to list the item and deleted the item. The buyer freaked out and thought I was trying to rip them off. I hadn't shipped the item yet so I just refunded the buyers money.
Ebay is a joke IMO. The fees are through the roof, I just noticed they started taking a fee out of the shipping price you charge a buyer. I guess if you jack your shipping prices up then it doesn't matter so much to you. I always charge what the actual shipping price is. I end up losing money on the shipping, what a joke.
I will continue to buy items from Ebay, but will sell them elsewhere.

The sellers themselves are to blame for Ebay taking a piece of the pie from shipping charges. Sellers started to price items at stupid low prices like $1.00 and then charged $100 for shipping an item that normally would require about $10. Ebay said basically "Screw us? NO! Screw YOU!"

Reactions: 3 people
I heard that RCI sued Ebay a while back because they were booting any and all RCI or ranger radios.. To say the least RCI won and now they cannot boot any RCI or Ranger radios...

A buddy of mine has sold several HR 2510s and Lincolns over the years on Ebay. He simply puts a small patch of grey tape over the "HR 2510" and lists it as a President radio...

ive noticed a few of 2510s on ebay also. id love to get my hands on another
one. or a lincoln. i think we should sell stuff here on this fourm and tell ebay
screw you .jmho

I heard that RCI sued Ebay a while back because they were booting any and all RCI or ranger radios.. To say the least RCI won and now they cannot boot any RCI or Ranger radios...

They either sued or threatened to sue while waving papers under Ebay's nose. A member here that goes by the screen name of Shioda is the lawyer that represented Ranger in that and other cases. He was here looking for people that had RCI radios booted because they were "illegal" radios according to Ebay.

Reactions: 1 person
I would think Egay has the final say in what can be and can not be sold on their site.Just as a brick and mortar auction house can decide if they want to auction an item or not.I'm thinking the suit was dealing more with Ranger's products being pulled as being illegal, which they're not.

Egay.png

Very old and non correct information.
That list will NOT be found on the FCC web site.....go try to find it.
It was written by an FCC field agent, and when the FCC was forced into court over the E-Bay case they admited that the radios in question as they are built out of the box are as legal as Ice cream for a Ham to use and own.
I have a HR 2510 that I Bought new from AES and have used for years to make many many contacts on Ten meters with, and will continue to do so in the future.
If you use the search feature here on the forum you can find lots of info about this topic, including a phone number and case number were one of our members point blank called the FCC and asked if a Ham could use these so called " Banned" radios on the air and was told that it is legal for him to do so.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.