• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President HR-2600: Approx Worth?

Hermit1382

Mar 13, 2010
Backwoods of North Georgia
I have a President HR-2600, which I would like to place on the Swap Forum. My problem is that I have no idea what it might be worth. This was one of the radios I bought in a package deal. The TX did not work, so I had it repaired. New transmit transistor and new final transistor. Radio works as it should. Minor scuffs and scratches from normal use. It has a chipswitch installed. Any assistance on approximating a fair value would be appreciated.

Attachments

• HR2600a 003(3).jpg
    HR2600a 003(3).jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 6

What (which) transistors were replaced? Was the final replaced with an MRF477, or an Eleflow (reduced output) type?

Which 'transmit' transistor(s) were replaced?

What is it's current output power on SSB?

Repairs

From what I can decipher from the repair ticket, what I assume is the 'final" was repaired with a MRF 497. The other transistor replaced in the transmit circuit was a 2SC2166. Could have those backwards, but those are the two transistors that were put in by the tech. SSB output is 40 watts.

Robb's Comment

Thanks, Robb. Glad I asked. I had been led to believe, that with the chipswitch, probably somewhere between 200-300. BTW, the chipswitch mounting slot has been installed, allowing for a snap-out, snap-in replacement. Don't have to mess with those numerous solder points.

The Chipswitch radios at one time were deffinately worth a good chunk $200.00-$300.00 dollars was about right but now days its not so, they are old radios and because of so many new radios offered at or around $200.00 to $300.00 people tend to buy new instead of used.

$125.00 to $175.00 is about right depending on condition I like these radios and know there SSB quality is outstanding but again they are getting old and the final transistors are becoming a thing of the past. I actually still have new 477 and know finding them is hard and they want $60.00 to $70.00 for the damn things. :eek:

imho id keep it. its a gem and there getting rare. especially ones
that havent been hacked up and butchered up.i think those hr series
are some of the best ssb radios. and i know a few hams that use these
on ham bands aswell. so i think you got the best of both worlds.i had
a 2510 and will NEVER forgive myself for selling it,.for sbb i rank these
higher than rci and magnum. and for newer radios i like these the best

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.