• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President HR2510 with Palomar 200z

mdavis735

Feb 12, 2011
I got my 2510 from UPS today. Seems to be real solid and in 100% working order. I really like the radio and am gonna use it as a base. Right next to my HIFI 148. My question is..... If I turn the carrier down to 3 or 4 watts in order to run my old palonar 200z base amp, will it affect the sound of the radio? It sounds really good now, but dead keys 10 and swings to 20 watts. I turned the amp on for just a minute to see what it would do. It dead keyed 200 and had no swing. I know it would get really hot and not last like that. I tuned my 148 carrier to between 3 and 4 watts and the Palomar dead keyed around 100 and would swing to 200. It ran fairly cool like that.

10 watts dead key is much to high for the 200Z, these were built for no more than 4 watts input.
You will just have to reduce the carrier on the radio and listen to the results, it may require some re-adjusting to maintain the modulation levels that you have now.
Good Luck.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.