• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln Issues

assuming you have the propper voltage and amperage going into that radio I it sounds to me like an oscillator problem may need a tunning or part swap out

Bobby,

This is Lee (861) that talked to you from Boerne. Has it been talking OK setup as it is and then all of a sudden it started sounding bad? Or have you changed something? Or is this the first time you have tried to talk on it since Doc tuned it?

What size fuse are you running in the power lead? Is it a DC or AC fuse? What gauge wire is your power lead?

Do you have another power supply (20 amp or larger) that you can try it on?

Ive got one of these radios I bought years ago, it does the exact same thing. I never did get around to fixing it :(

Can anyone recommend a fix?

Don't talk on it when you're underwater! :roll: Sorry, I couldn't resist........

Seriously, sounds like a power supply issue. Could the radio be starved for power? Is the radio power connection connected directly to the battery and not the fuse panel? If mobile, does it only do it when your vehicle is shut off? If used as a base when you observe the problem, what size power supply are you using? Try another dependable power supply to compare results.

Good luck.

I don't think it is a power supply issue, I tried it on a couple of Kenwood power supplies that put out over 30 amps, and it was tried in two cars, both times hooked directly to the battery with 12 gauge wire.

Well, good luck finding out your problem. I've run two Lincolns and one 2510 for over ten years and thankfully never had this issue.
Happy Easter

Well the problems with my rig went away. I can only imagine it was some type of issue with RF feedback or something of that sort... I can't seem to duplicate the problem now, which is a good thing.

Rig is running like a top :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.