• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln or RCI 2950 DX

President Licoln or 2950 DX

• Total voters
That's a mighty BIG GUN you got there Warby , to go with those mighty BIG LETTERS you use. :) Isn't the Pres.Linc and HR2510 basically the same radio ??? anyway , still say the loudest ear piercing, window shaking , teeth raddling radio I ever heard was a HR2510 !! IM damned glad that dude moved away a few years back .

LINCOLN / 2510

HI SWITCH KIT! :D YEP THE LINCOLN & 2510 ARE BASICALLY THE SAME TO MY KNOWLEDGE, EXCEPT THE LINCOLN HAS VARIABLE AM/FM POWER, WHERE AS THE 2510 HAS AN RF GAIN. BOTH EXCELLENT RADIO'S. LIKE I SAID IN THE LAST POST I PREFER THE LOCATION OF THE VFO IN THE (NEAR) CENTRE OF THE FRONT OF THE LINCOLN,AS OPPOSE TO THE RANGER 2950 WHICH IS IN AN AWKWARD PLACE, & TO ME THE LINCOLN IS A BETTER LOOKING RADIO. IF I WAS TO CHOOSE A RADIO TO HAVE AS A BACKUP RADIO I WOULD OF COURSE CHOOSE THE RANGER 2950 AS IT ALSO HAS A GOOD TRACK RECORD, EITHER WAY 2 CRACKING RADIO'S THAT YOU CANT GO FAR WRONG WITH. CHEERS,SHAUN. :D

radios

ive owned a president lincoln in the past a great radio for ssb use i couldnt find fauilt with the radio but it lacked coverage so i went for a ranger rci 2950 dx which is what i use right now in my big truck great radio also for dx with more coverage itys a hard choice the lincoln is slighty smaller if im not mistaken for fitting into a vechile but the ranger has an excellent clear audio and recieve i picked mine up in the states last january while i was on vacation i really enjoy talking on the radio i get good reports on the audio always hope this helps 29 division member

DO YA ?
Holly "S"
anyway, I've had both and the linc/2510 is the only rig that can compete with my Grant XL in the sideband dept, plus that button farm on the ranger is a P.I.T.A.
Buy a Linc, have Freecell or Doc set it up and you'll have it to pass on to the kids when you cant jaw anymore.

lincoln=uniden, 2950=galaxy, and all the inherent galaxy receive qualities....or shortfalls. neither are 'am' radios, but made for the hardcore sidebander. the lincoln can compare to unidens in the xmit department better then the galaxy-i mean ranger.

You know its funny.

I was getting one of these as a change from a Grant XL. No matter what I always try, I always go back to the XL.

I've had my XL for over 17 years (i think)and I always go back to it.

Cold Beer said:
You know its funny.

I was getting one of these as a change from a Grant XL. No matter what I always try, I always go back to the XL.

I've had my XL for over 17 years (i think)and I always go back to it.
with out a doubt i am the same way i put a freq counter on my Grant Xl and we all no what we can do about the extra power. to bad they never made the Grant XL with a built in freq counter like they did the cobra 148fgtl. i think the Grant XL is truly the best mobile cb radio ever made. i switch between my 2510 and 2950 & 2950 DX but always run my Grant the most.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned