• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President lincoln reviews?

Randy CDX492

Apr 6, 2005
Webb City Missouri
Hello, have a local here they i might be trading for one of these and would like to hear what you members think of these.

I have been reading some reviews on the web about them and would like to hear yours.

I have the Uniden HR 2510.Which they say is basically the same radio except the Lincoln as variable power a different output transistor.

I like the 2510 better than my RCI 2950,2950DX and 6900.

The receive is out standing and it deals with noise like no other in my small collection.Used the radio as a base and mobile.

I love mine. Quality is evident through and through. Excellent SSB radio, very stable, lovely quiet receiver, NB works well on man-made noises from the car. Stock mic is a little tinny sounding, an aftermarket power mic improves the radio. The freq mod is easy, the chipswitch mod is awesome if you choose to go that route.

I use an Astatic 575mb6 hand mike on it, a KL-400 mobile amp (180 pep), and a Wilson 1000. It is a DXers delight. Lot's of unsolicited reports of great audio, many think it is a high end HF radio until I tell them it's a Lincoln.

You will hear many say that it is bad on AM, because it uses low-level modulation. There are a couple of mods out there to make it really go to town on AM, like Rogerbird's mic gain mod. There is also a clip-a-diode mod that makes it swing like a banshee, but I've never tried either. I found that after wiring up the 575 mic, and turning the AMC pot up just shy of full-bore, it sounds awesome on AM. Very natural and clear modulation, not an "ass-blaster" like a clipped Galaxy, but plenty enough to get respect from AM swing-heads.

It also does very nicely on FM. I really don't have many gripes about this radio at all, the display could be a little bigger and brighter. The variable power only works for AM and FM, not SSB, and the Hi/low mic gain button is not as good as a continuously adjustable knob would be. And the "accessory" jack on the back is a bit of a pain, a regular EXT speaker jack would be nice. I find that the internal speaker is one of the worst sounding ones around, really kind of mushy. I use a little external speaker that sounds good.

The current production models use an MRF-455 for a final that doesn't even break a sweat doing the 25 watts SSB that mine does. They can be modded for quite a bit more than that, but I prefer stock power and a small amp. They can tolerate ALOT of reflected power as well.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10 overall. :LOL:

Randy CDX492 said:
Hello, have a local here they i might be trading for one of these and would like to hear what you members think of these.

I have been reading some reviews on the web about them and would like to hear yours.
Randy I had (2) 2510s and (1) 2600 also. Great radio for it's TIME!!! I had all the Mod's done also. The only draw back on the radio is the SMALL DISPALY (hard to read in sunlight). Have to do a Mod for RF Power and a Mod for AMC. And ON and ON . Oh and don't forget the Chip Switch. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Get a RCI 2950DX. You get a lot of radio for your buck and still have MONEY in your pocked. Just my 2 cent's worth after haveing 2 HR2510s and 1 2600. Bill Good Help build the RCI 2950 for Ranger. Tells you something about the radio :D

I agree with 667 Chicago Mobile.........I have had 15 Lincolns.....11 2510s and 6 2600s. I currently run 2 2950DXs, if that tells you anything

The Lincoln has excellent TX & RX.the 2 main things in a radio but is a little lacking on features.

Randy,
I run a 2600 in the PU that is chipped and a Lincoln on base for SSB only...

The 2600 is hard to handle as a mobil in my opinion, but the Lincoln is an excellent SSB base unit

I have a Chipswitched Lincoln and it has the best RX of any radio I have ever used. I really like mine alot and if its a good price Id jump on it Randy

lincoln

i have one of each 2510, 2600, lincoln,great radio perfect for a base little hard to work in a mobile but i love mine

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.