• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Washington Clarifier?

CB RADIO FREQ

Apr 1, 2013
Hello. Does anyone know the right way to open and unlock the clarifier on a President Washington AM/SSB base radio. I've seen and read many different ways on how to do this but nothing seems to be working right. Also does anyone know the correct value of the clarifier control, mine has a 100k ohm in it now and I do not think it is right. Overall any help would be grately appreciated. Thanks!

this is for the 858 PLL. let us know if you have the 8719 PLL.

Unlocking the clarifier:

(1) Remove R-117 and also remove D-30

(2) Unsolder brown and purple wire on the circuit board,belonging too
the Clarifier.

(3) solder the PURPLE wire to a constant 8vdc point on the circuit board.

(4) solder the BROWN wire to the circuit board ground.

No problem mate, I gotcha.

The correct value for the clarifier control is 20k ohms.

President/Uniden Washington clarifier mod (MB8719 PLL)

Clip or remove R187
Clip or remove D36

Unsolder the red wire going to the clarifier control off the main board, and resolder that wire to the main PCB ground.

Unsolder the orange wire going to the clarifier control off the main board, and solder it to the + side of C66. C66 is a 1000uf 10V electrolytic capacitor, and is located next to the PLL IC, and the + side has 8V present.

Good luck!

~Cheers~

Reactions: 1 person
On the President/Uniden washington chassis, I mod them differently then everyone else. Mine's a bit more complicated, so I gave him the standard unlock instructions! LOL

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.