• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pride DX-300 bias question.

1100 from a single 4CX250B?!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: And you want to know if it will blow up?!

Instructions for setting the bias:
http://cbtricks.com/Amp/pride/dx300/index.htm

Looking to upgrade it?
http://www.sliderfaq.com/HDHV/

4.1 Bias voltage adjustment:
The following adjustment is from the factory manual you may want to do it another way.

The bias voltage should rarely need attention. If, however, the tube is changed or the adjustment is otherwise disturbed, the following procedure should be adhered to.

1) Be sure the amplifier has been off for several minutes to allow enough time to discharge the power supplies. Remove the bottom cover.

2) Place a jumper wire or clip lead from point (A) on the main circuit board to ground. Refer to pictorial for specific placement of the jumper.

3) Replace bottom cover.

4) Place a 50ohm dummy load on the output connector of the amplifier.

5) Turn the unit on and allow it to warm for 60 seconds.

6) Place the TUNE/STANDBY/OPERATE switch into the OPERATE position and adjust bias control for a reading of 35mA or .12V as read at the metering jack.

7) Turn off unit and allow it to discharge for several minutes before restoring it to normal configuration. This completes the bias adjustment.

Reactions: 1 person
pride dx 300

i have a pride also, i need the wireing hook up for the high v boards under neeth, i had to repair one of the boards, so i pulled it out, but forgot the way they go back, if u can call me....662-597-1871.. thanks jason... is your pride all stock...:censored::headbang

I have a DX 300 and was wondering how the bias should be set. I am seeing 1100 pep from it right now and i am very very happy with it. I just wondered if someone would tell me how the bias should be tuned, don't want to blow anything up!

Must be running it into a Dosy hooked to an open coax.....:rolleyes::thumbdown:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.