• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pride dx-300 problem

bad400man

Mar 24, 2007
se michigan
I just got a dx-300 and when i turn it from standby to low or high it cuts my recieve out? any clue what is going on? it will still key up fine just kills my recieve. :headbang

its not keying the amp when i swithch it off of standby it just drops my recieve, like i have 8db of noise and when i switch the amp off of standby it drops the noise to 2db.

Look at the relay in it. Do you here the relay clicking when keying it or when the amps under load? May even be dirty thats where ide start just becareful with those Caps in there you lose your thought and hit one of those your gonna wish you were wearing Depends. Just be careful when the covers removed and its under power.

this sounds like a dirty relay .easy fix .clean or replace the transmit relay .or once you start using it everyday it might clear itself up .if not then it needs to be cleaned or replaced.

My 310m pulled that.
I just had to keep working the keyuntil the relay re-seated consistently.
It had been sitting for years and probably got some corrosion buld up on the relay contacts.
Lee

Glad to here it was fixed for you and all is good now. I was thinking about your problem with that Amp over the weekend and was thinking if there was a voltage drop in that keying curcuit that would cause that aswell.

Bad or failed parts is a common thing an these older amplifiers. Ive actually seen rebuild kits on the internet for some of these amplifiers. The kits had replacement Capacitors diodes ETC.

Anyways Im glad its better now and functioning the way it should (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.