• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pride DX250B ?

CrazyD

Sep 25, 2012
Houston Texas
I just picked up a Pride DX250B and i cant find a dang thing about it online i found a ole listing for a DX350B and that was missing everything other then to say its not the same as a Palomar 500 Elite but looks like it any info about it would be nice it seems like it might be a real Amp a clean one but yeah i got nothing on it.

Attachments

• 929588817135546sawe.JPG
    929588817135546sawe.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 180

since no one has any clue what this amp is it seems to have 2 pills does about 150 watts average with a max pep of about 290 watts...i can not see the pills they are under copper ribbon and i don't want to touch the thing is clean inside the meter works but the light is out easy fix it has 3 large caps and a very large rectifier if some one wants photos i can take some...

Last edited:
It's based off of the Messenger 250 mobile amp, runs (2) MRF454's. The wattage you're getting is right in line with what it should be doing. The power supply is not regulated, so it'll "float" at a higher voltage when not being keyed down. It's a good amp, but the power supply is a disappointment.... they should have made the power supply regulated.

~Cheers~

It's based off of the Messenger 250 mobile amp, runs (2) MRF454's. The wattage you're getting is right in line with what it should be doing. The power supply is not regulated, so it'll "float" at a higher voltage when not being keyed down. It's a good amp, but the power supply is a disappointment.... they should have made the power supply regulated.

~Cheers~
maybe ill toss a small regulated switching Power supply in it and remove the one in it but the one in it seems to work very well.

If a 30 Amp switchmode "brick" will fit inside, it offers several advantages.

It has an overvoltage protection circuit. Old one does not.

Has a current limit. Old one does not.

Produces far less heat.

Just be sure to use an enclosed supply. The metal enclosure is a RF shield. An open style supply will radiate RF noise into the receiver input.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.