• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PROBLEM WITH PRESIDENT HR-2510

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I hooked up my 2510 to run it a bit ande its doing some crazy things first off it keys or say it keys 30 watts and has back swing but when on a dummy losd it says dead keying 6 swinging 25-30 i also noticed on the antenna swr is like 2 or a little above but on the dummy load ofcourse all was good. i checked jumpers and other radios they all work goodthe way they should i even tried different length jumper but its still actin funny. Any ideas??? This radio use to work flawless Its really bugging me as to whats wrong ...

Now I just tried the radio the guys said it sounds good showing a 6 on the s meter swinging to a 9 so it doesnt show back swing on there meteres. Now heres another dandy it says it has a 30 watt dead key on sideband with a back swing on the power meter and the radios meter

30 dead key on SSB

Should have no Dead Key on SSB.
Check the Carrier balance adj.,

Was the SWR good before?

You may want to install an insulator betwen the final and the heat sink. This will prevent an RF Feedback loop.

Remenber to use heat sink compound on both sides of the insulator.

Roger

well the protection diode was replaced and i tried the radio tonight thats what i got. Weird
dummy losd works great no carrier
. But when hooked to the antenna wow 30 watt dead key am and sideband!! Wouldnt it do it also on the dummy load. Roger send me an email with number and time to call i may wanna send this out i love this radio didnt use it much and want it working again this is nuts may have to send this one to you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.