• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PSK31 Frustration

NorthStar

Administrator
Mar 21, 2005
Been trying to get PSK31 going past 2 hrs with Digipan and Hamscope interface to my TenTec Omni VII all I get is gibberish. Need some help from the Pro's.

Using Rigblaster No mic used same setup on my 897D in the past no issues but now new PC and trying on another rig. I have the cables plugged in for transmit and audio. I can tx but just read gibberish on rx on 40 and 80 in the area their should be PSK31

is the settings set correctly for the proper bands on digipan? i dont know what rig blaster is sorry.

try a reinstall..... check to make sure your volume on the radio is not too high check the input on the soundcard make sure its not too high.

It's been a long time since I've messed with 80 or 40 meter PSK31. One thing you might try is to switch from USB to LSB, or visa versa. Not sure what the convention is now, sorry 'bout that.
- 'Doc

It's been a long time since I've messed with 80 or 40 meter PSK31. One thing you might try is to switch from USB to LSB, or visa versa. Not sure what the convention is now, sorry 'bout that.
- 'Doc

USB on all bands.

If the signal is too weak, it'll garble up a lot..

I use digipan...just find a signal with a lot of red, and click your mouse on it. It'll automatically center on the signal, and begin converting digital signal to text.

Also, make sure you're tuning to a PSK31 signal, and not something else...I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out why PSK wasn't translating correctly, then I realized, the mode I was trying to tune to was definitely not PSK.

PSK31

Check your sound card settings.
The ft897, 857,817 are one of the easy set ups on digital modes....just remember to have the mode punched in as digital...

DOCTOR/795

Also try Digital Master 780 with Ham Radio Deluxe instead. For whatever reason, it seems to work the best for me, but of course your results may vary.

Are you able to get anything on 20 meters? There's a lot more activity there on PSK31...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.