• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

psk31

richie

Dec 23, 2005
wales
i notice there is no forum on here for 11m use so il post my comment here..............basically due to the fact that propagation is low on our band, why dont we try and use digi-modes a lot more as this mode is good for working under poor conditions............................i also think there should be a forum dedicated for this mode..........a forum dedicated for 11m use also............what are your veiws?????????????

In case you were not sure, "CB Radio" is 11-meter Radio.

I'd happen to chance that the majority of CB radios operate illegally anyway, so what is one illegal act vs. another amongst friends?

The likely response I would expect from this type of question from those who know is that the average CBer is not smart enough to figure it out.

The less endowed would say something like, "huh?"

Now, if there were a forum dedicated to digital modes, it would be part of the ham radio forum (this one), which is already somewhat underutilized.

I have used PSK31 from time to time, but never on 11 meters. I have serious doubts about how many other operators there would be on 11m actually able to operate that mode. I think most would just get irritated at all the "noise"

interesting comments.............over here in the uk the cb frequencey's are known as "muppett" (uk 40) and mid block (cept)...........the 11m band is the frequencies ascociated with 27.555, over there i think you call it freebanding.
digi-modes psk31 etc is used on 27.500 but very little at the moment, maybe it will increase with propagation.
i know that digi-modes are illigal on cb frequencies although psk31 works well on all other modes not just usb, and yes i am aware of the bandwidth issues but it does work.
times are changing, we all know that the home pc is becoming more incorporated into our radio hobby and i think there should be a forum on here to help people utilise it........................regards richie

i get it now cbers are to dumb to
use it.now i understand. Rolling Eyes
jon

Aw jeeze. CW is a digital mode. Use it on 11M, see how many respond. No sense using a mode nobody will will understand. That makes someone dumb?

i guess

acording to c2

In case you were not sure, "CB Radio" is 11-meter Radio.

I'd happen to chance that the majority of CB radios operate illegally anyway, so what is one illegal act vs. another amongst friends?

The likely response I would expect from this type of question from those who know is that the average CBer is not smart enough to figure it out.

The less endowed would say something like, "huh?"

Now, if there were a forum dedicated to digital modes, it would be part of the ham radio forum (this one), which is already somewhat underutilized.

I'd guess C2 meant it would go unnoticed, just like the rest of the activity on 11M and the freeband. I hear RTTY sometimes above 27.405. Illegal, but who cares? C2 is OK in my book.

yea right

he said cbers would not be smart enough
to know what it was.think what you like
you ham guys are no smarter then anyone else.
you try to make people think your all so inteligent.
newsflash your no better than a cber.
put that in your pipe and smoke it. :roll:

Re: yea right

jon666 said:
he said cbers would not be smart enough
to know what it was.think what you like
you ham guys are no smarter then anyone else.
you try to make people think your all so inteligent.
newsflash your no better than a cber.
put that in your pipe and smoke it. :roll:

JOHN666, cb'ers are not too dumb, what gave you that idea???????? i class myself as a cb'er, a freebander, 11m pirate, whatever.............i used to be a ham but that side of it does not interest me anymore........i think the 11m band is much more interesting and freindlier..........ive had many CW, RTTY etc. contacts on 11m, whoever thinks that these modes are not used on 11m needs to listen more closely...............what im trying to say is psk31 is quite a new mode compared to most and its really easy to use and very efective and i would be happy to help anyone with their radio hobby on forums like these...................regards richie

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.