• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QRO Conversion for HF 2500DX for 10/11 Meter Operation????

Got close enough to one of these at Dayton to touch it.

'Bout as close as I'll get. They don't seem to break much, so it may be a while before I see one for that reason.

Seems to me they're still in business. Make them think you're a ham, they should be obliged to spill the beans for 10-meter use.

QRO web site

QRO will tell you the 10m conversion if you have a general ticket. You might have to get a buddy to call them up... :) :)

Hello All:

The neat O thing about the DX2500 is that it uses the Soviet 4CX800 Tetrodes, in a grid driven circuit.

With a slight modification to the Control Grid Circuit a step up toroid transformer like the one in Pride DX300 can be used to allow a stock low power radio to drive the amp to its full output power.

The neat thing about Tetrodes in a grid driven circuit, it wont take any power to drive it. The power is applied to a 50 ohm resistor across the grid to allow the radio to see a perfect 50 ohm load.

This tetrode grid drived design allows a step up transformer and higher value load resistor to be used, just like in the Pride DX300 Amps.

Jay in the Mojave

Re: QRO Conversion for HF 2500DX for 10/11 Meter Operation??

High Miler said:
Anyone know the conversion for this band... Probably a simple snip of a wire or something...

Thanks.

I've been looking at the schematics for this amp; what happens when you switch it to the 10/11 meter position? Is the amp bypassed or does it switch into transmit but has no output?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.