• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QRZ.com bans trolling

Well Fred finally grew a pair and banned trolling on the Z'ed.

He only grew a pair if he follows through with action.

The lip service amounts to nothing more than just showing his pubs...

Or maybe he grew some rhoids and is just turning into a grumpy old man?

I won't spout my opinion over there though.

I'm no fan of the QRZ forums, after making my first post the armchair radio lawyers jumped all over me.
The Hippocracy of that site is, they have a forum for radio modifications, yet if you mention that you have your 2 meter HT modded to use out of band for VHF Marine, or emcomm work, those holier than thou armchair radio lawyers go nuts on you, like your actions are the down fall of amateur radio.
Biggest bunch of assclowns I have ever encountered on an internet forum, and the reason you'll always find me here, and not there......

I don't care what Fred does about the trolls, he'll never get rid of all the holier than thou armchair radio lawyers......

Correction::

Biggest bunch of assclowns = c.b.r.t. :thumbdown: :love:

2nd biggest, qrz :eek: :cry:

on CBRT the only assclowns are the moderators/admins. Censorship to favor the sponsors.

QRZ is a different animal. Every post has a callsign, which is the same as giving your name and address. Nobody would admit to breaking rules on such a forum.
Ham radio, with its license ranks and all that contesting, naturally breeds the "i'm better than you are" type thinking. QRZ assclown-ness is from the userbase.
Where CB by contrast is free from all that, where everyone is more-or-less at the same level.

I dont see a problem with QRZ administration. They seem to tolerate quite alot of nastyness. They do allow politics, but only in "Politics Junkies". I suppose it makes sense to keep it out of the radio groups.

He only grew a pair if he follows through with action.

The lip service amounts to nothing more than just showing his pubs...

Or maybe he grew some rhoids and is just turning into a grumpy old man?

I won't spout my opinion over there though.

Neither will I, and I agree 100%. We'll see if there's any action taken against so-called "trolls" (subjectively defined) or if it's just lip service. It sure caused a stir, though; as I write this, there are 241(!) responses to Fred's announcement.

I think Fred actually trolled by starting that thread!

-

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.